Posts Tagged ‘challenges’
So let’s get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here’s how it will work.
On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.
The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)
At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!
It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!
I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself and Vicki of Dana of Dana’s Footprint Designs & Ginger of Ginger’s Scraps ’N Pixels.
So to recap – here’s the order:
1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.
2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. Once you’ve posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.
4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.
5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due – this will be every three days.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!
8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.
9. This challenge counts towards the Scrapping 7 Challenge!
Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done – AUTUMN LOVE. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!
PROMPT 1 – MONDAY, September 1st
Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we’re all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
Have your layout posted for Prompt 1 by Thursday, September 4th, 4pm CST.
Join me for a Speed Scrap!
When: Thursday 9/10 at 9 pm EST
Where: the GDS forum
What: theme is “faces we love” and you’ll need 1-3 photos
Why: Well, to get our FIX, of course!!
You can schedule a reminder HERE
Hope to see you there!
Hi! This is Jenn of Dancing Princess Designs!
Join me for a Speed Scraps to celebrate National Digital Scrapbooking Day!
Where: GDS Chat Room and Forum
When: Saturday, November 1st, 2008 at 12:00 PM, EST
I’d love for you to come!