February Progressive Challenge
A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.
1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout
2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!
4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.
5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery.
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!
8. Use of at least 50% GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!
9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.
10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.
11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!
To link your images back to the gallery .. have a look here
Also... here's on on how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the GDS designer
1. Only 4 steps this month. February... the month of Love! so.. here's what we do. You'll need 4 papers. Your background paper (paper 1) should be a deep dark rich colour. Next is a dark complementary paper (paper 2) that has be re-sized so that only a 1/4" of the background paper is showing. Next you'll want two lighter papers in two different patterns ie stripes and dots. We're going to make one paper out of these. Stack them on top of papers 1 & 2 and re-size them so there is 1/4" of paper 2 showing. Now cut the top one 2/3rd's of the way down and depending on what you want showing, either delete the top 2/3rds or the bottom 1/3rd so that the paper below it is showing. Clear as mud?
Post your layout by Saturday, February 9, 2013 The next step will be posted Sunday, February 10 2013
2. ok.. so now you want a photo.. about 4 x6 landscape... and you need to position this so that the bottom of the photo is just over the join between your two top patterns and near the middle of the layout. If you've got your *join* at the top of your page you'll have to reverse some of these instructions. Now you're going to find a shape and duplicate it, then use the shapes as hangers. ie: like putting a ring on your finger, you'll put one end of your photo through one shape, and do the same to the other side of you photo. Now you'll have to find a ribbon or chain or something to *hang* your photo holders to the top of your layout. FUN??? LOL
Post your layout by Sunday, February 17, 2013 The next step will be posted Monday, February 18 2013
3. Ok.. Ellie Time! First get a paper strip, either solid or patterned. give it a fancy edge and put it over the join between the upper and lower papers. Now create a cluster that runs from one side of your photo to the other in and around the paper strip you've just placed. Add a few more items from your cluster to the top parts of your ribbon/string hangers to tie it all in.
Post your layout by Sunday, February 24, 2013 The next step will be posted Monday, February 25 2013
4. Soooo you now need to add the PERFECT title, some journaling and don't forget to date your layout! :)
Post your layout by Sunday, February 28, 2013
Last edited by Scrappinsass; 02-25-2013 at 09:23 PM.