October Progressive Challenge
A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.
1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout
2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!
4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.
5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery.
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!
8. Use of at least 50% GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!
9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.
10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.
11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!
To link your images back to the gallery .. have a look here
Also... here's on on how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the GDS designer
1. So it's October.. lets aim for a Halloween theme! :) Or if you're not a fan of Halloween, then an Autumn theme :) .. You'll want to start with dark background and layer a lighter paper on top, about 1/4 inch smaller than the background paper.. so when centered, there is only 1/8" of your background paper showing all around. We'll be doing some blending with the top paper so don't use a paper with too heavy a pattern/texture.
Post your layout by Saturday, October 6, 2012 The next step will be posted Sunday, October 7 2012
2. Find a photo that you will use for your layout. You're going to blend it into the top paper. I'll give you directions for the placement for one option and you can reverse it if you choose. So you'll want a photo about 4 x 6 and you'll want to place that in the center of your layout. Now drag it to the left to within an inch of the edge of the paper and then drag it up two inches. Now blend it into the paper. Keep that photo handy because we'll be using it in the next step too. Ask questions if you're not sure about blending... we'll all help! :)
Post your layout by Sunday, October 14, 2012 The next step will be posted Monday, October 15 2012
3. Now take the photo you've just blended and place it on the opposite side of your layout either top or bottom and make it about 1/2 the size of the photo you've blended, unless you've made that one smallish. Put a frame around it.
Post your layout by Monday, October 22, 2012 The next step will be posted Tuesday, October 23 2012
4. Time to add some elements! Keeping to the Halloween or Autumn theme, create clusters radiating out from your photo in two directions. Using 4 different flowers, 2 different foliages (is that a word? LOL) 2 different ribbons or strings, 3 paper strips, 2 buttons, and another main element that says something about your layout theme. You can repeat these items as many times as you like and add shadows. Try a glitter style on an element if you like too. The clusters should go about to the center line in both directions... with the bulk of the cluster being close to your photo.
Post your layout by Saturday, October 27, 2012 The next step will be posted Sunday, October 28 2012
5. Find some word art that goes with your layout or you can add some of your elements to the word art to make it match... and make it pop with shadows! Add some journaling and don't forget the date!
Post your layout by Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Last edited by Scrappinsass; 10-28-2012 at 09:28 AM.
When searching for the GDS product code I realized that Christy Skaggs no longer has her work in the store. oops
I will in the future check before using any other embellishments etc to be sure GDS products are used.