PLEASE EXCUSE OUR DUST WHILE WE UPGRADE OUR FORUM AND GALLERY. PLEASE DIRECT ANY QUESTIONS TO SUPPORT@GODIGITALSCRAPBOOKING.COM.
July Progressive Challenge
A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.
1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout
2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!
4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.
5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery.
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!
8. Use of GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!
9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.
10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.
11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!
To link your images back to the gallery .. have a look here
Also... here's on on how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the GDS designer
1. In keeping with *Christmas in July*, this months challenge is a Christmas layout! Start with a strong patterned but light in colour background. Now choose one dark paper and one light paper both without patterns. Layer the dark paper next and having it centered over the background reduce it's size to 11". Do the same with the light paper reducing it's size to 10 1/2" which leaves a 1/4" border of the darker paper all around. If you're using paper that is not 12" square, reduce the size of the dark paper so that there is a 1" boarder of background showing and the size of the light paper so there is 1/4" boarder showing all around.
Post your layout by Saturday, July 7 2012 The next step will be posted Sunday, July 8 2012
2. Find two photos. Arrange them side by side and at a slight angle to each other in the center of the layout. Now select both of them and drag them off to one side or top or bottom depending on how you've arranged them. Now find a complimentary paper and cut 2 different size circles. Position the bigger one behind the photo closest to the center so that one quarter of the circle's outer edge is behind the photo. Position the other circle the opposite of the first circle.
Post your layout by Friday, July 13 2012 The next step will be posted Saturday, July 14 2012
3. In this step we need to link the photos. Find some complimentary papers and make a few paper strips, one with a decorative edge and place them so that the side, bottom or top edges of the photos (depending on how you placed your photos) are touching the strips, with the strip having the decorative edge on top and the rest under. Find a thin ribbon or string and place it with the strips, weaving it in and over if you like. Find a scatter and place it behind all. Try to keep the ribbon and the scatter thin and smaller as there are more steps to come :)
Post your layout by Thursday, July 19 2012 The next step will be posted Friday, July 20 2012
4. In this step, we'll add some elements. Find another scatter - placed away from your photos.. something like snowflakes or snow balls.. so that it doesn't overpower. Find some hanging bobbles, at least 3 (in keeping with your layout, if not a Christmas theme) and depending on where you've placed your photos, have them hanging from them or have them hanging from above, and find some delicate flowers to place in and around your photos. Include a fastener like a clothes peg or staple. If you've gone with the Christmas theme, find some gift boxes or Christmas animals and place them in and around your photos. Be careful not to over power your layout. Now add 3 buttons on the edge of your top paper. Keep them smallish and place them on an edge that doesn't have anything close by, to balance things out. Remember there is one more step.. :) keep things balanced to your eye. :)
Post your layout by Wednesday, July 25 2012 The next step will be posted Thursday, July 26 2012
5. Find a winter or Christmas font you've not used before and add some journaling and a title. Don't forget to add the date - you can put the date on a tag if you like.
Post your layout by Tuesday, July 31 2012
Last edited by Scrappinsass; 07-26-2012 at 09:11 AM.