shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Oh Poo!!!

Oh Poo!!!

Our snow and ice is still melting, and now, tomorrow, we are getting another ice storm, with a half of an inch of ice expected!
    This just sucks. We lost power twice last time. I thought I was going into withdrawal, not being able to get online, and all. LOL

Ah geez, I'm so sorry to hear that Maisie...just hang in there, things will brighten up!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

ICK!! Good luck!

I'm hoping it misses us too..I've surely had enough... Goodluck there Maisie, I feel for anyone who loses their internet!!

it sounds like the weather we are having in OHIO.Matter of fact I just had to cut my all day and nite crop at the local scrapbook store short because I had to get home ahead of the ice. Winter was slow startin here, abut man the last few weeks have been terrible. I am soooo ready for spring.!!!!!

ok, I am probably being really thick, but what exactly is an ice storm>??? I've seen some stunning photos in the gallery, but don't actually know what happens in one!

I know we don't have the best of weather over here in England, but we have never had an ice storm, as far as I know!

well---an ice storm---it's rain that turns to ice as it's coming down---we had 2 inches of solid ice on my drive this am. Lots of accidents last evening with cars sliding every which direction, and even dangerous to walk outside wihtout sliding everywhere. Weather is warming up today so all should be melted soon--thank goodness but I'm still upset about my interrupted scrap time with all the girls! Oh well maybe again in a few weeks. I have to be out of town next week for work, so i'll be scarce, but hope to be able to pop in now an again.

8. oooo that sounds nasty!! I don't like the slippy stuff...we are so lucky here in the UK we don't suffer extremes like some of you..

oh wow - that sure does sound nasty! I agree, Linda - we are very lucky not to have so many extremes here

Well, we were supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow, before it changed.
    We got like 4-5! And now it's sleeting. Hopefully it'll keep warming up, I still think the kids'll get tomorrow off though.
    Haven't lost power yet either. *cross my fingers*
    griest, I hope you're ok out there in Ohio. I heard it was blizzard like conditions. It's been a weird winter. Unusally warm for Dec and Jan. and now Feb is unusally cold. Strange.
    Global Warming???