shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: What do you teach your children to call their private parts

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • the real names

4 57.14%
  • pet names

3 42.86%

Thread: Question of the Week

Question of the Week

Do you teach your children the correct words for private body parts, or pet words?

For details on why I ask this question, see my blog entry for this mornig ... Ramblings of a mom who's kids know their parts

Ok I put that I teach them real names but they prefer to call them something less shocking. Katie has always called her bits n pieces her ta-ta's and andrew is whatever he feels at the moment dingie, weenie, pee pee you name it he has refered to his penis as just that. Now sex katie hates that word and thanks to the sims it is now reffered to as woo hoo in this house.

3. I have found that being forward with your kids makes it less likely that they will believe anything and anyone. Open honest communication is the healthy way to have a relationship with them.

I have always taught my girls the real names, although they do use their own pet names. I agree that being honest and open with your kids makes it so much easier - and it saves having to have a possibly awkwark conversation with them at some point.

Although, I have to admit to having been slightly embarassed when I was pregnant with my youngest dd, and my middle dd, who was not quite 3 at the time announced that her 'baby' was coming out of her 'worm' (I had explained that the baby was growing in a special part of my tummy called my womb!!)

LOL Joy! It is funny how kids change unfamiliar word to something they are more familiar with!

I shared this question with a local group of friends this morning and one said that she was talking with an expectant mom who also had a small child. The child reached for the mom's breasts and she told her, "Honey, don't grab mommies MILKIES". I have to say, that is certainly a pet name I had never heard of!