shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HINT and KNOWLEDGE #2 - DREAMMY LOOK

HINT and KNOWLEDGE #2 - DREAMMY LOOK

Ok i use a lot of dreamy look (thats what i call it) effect. Again, this is all in photoshop but those who use PSP can figure it out too, its very simple =)
    This is photo before and after.
    BEFORE

AFTER

Ok i start with fixing exposure look (see my previous lesson that is located in CHAT forum).
    1. When you are done with exposure make everything one layer (combine them all). Duplicate the layer.
    2. Make the top layer 50% opacity, and go to Filters > Blure > Gaussian Blure and move the level there to the point when you like it the most. Dont look at your main object beaing blurry - we will make it back to being sharp - consentrate on everyting else - like nature around it. When you like the surrounding click OK.
    3. Now get the eraser and erase what you need to be sharp - like i did - i erased people and banch and floor.
    4. Thats not all! we can inhance it even more! select the top layer (i call it Half-Way-See-Through layer because it is 50% opacity and y ou can see through it). Select that and go to Image>Adjustment>Hue and Saturation and move Saturation levels to the right - you will have more colors in your dreammy look =)
    5. You need to make it pop so go ahead and select bottom (original layer) and adjust Contast. I normally boost contarst to +10. That will pop your image natually. You can also contrast your top layer (just see what looks good for the image)...Contrast, Saturation, Levels is the main 3 things i play around and see what results can be achieved with those 3...
    6. Dont forget to sharpen your original (bottom layer) too =)
    GOOD LUCK!!

Share your photos here. Dont forget to enclude BEFORE and AFTER as well =)
    Last edited by precious; 09-20-2008 at 05:15 AM.
    Presto! Changeo! Photoshopo! - been using Photoshop since 1999

Thanks so much for posting these tips! I am going to make more of an effort to make my pictures purty before I slap them on a layout :)

Thanks so much for posting this Katia!!! I am definately going to try this effect!! Please keep the photography hints coming!!!!!!!

Wow...........thank you so much for providing this tip! The after is beautiful! I'll assemble a list of threads to put on our tuturial page....and this one will be a great addition!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Again just amazing tutorial! I hope I'll have time soon to try these out. Thank you!:)

Precious... another great one...thanks so much for sharing!

7. Beautiful result! What a fantastic photo effect! Thank you for sharing!

where are your photos? i was hoping to see your sampels here too =)
    Presto! Changeo! Photoshopo! - been using Photoshop since 1999

Awesome tips. Will have to try it for sure.

And Holly, putting a list together on the tutorial page would be wonderful, thanks!

I'll stick with the first one the second photo looks too blurry for me, not dreamy at all, and you don't need to respond we all have our own personal opinions on likes and dislikes and I don't like what you've done with the photo.
    Elaine My Blog
    \