shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Protecting your files from pirates on 4shared...

Thanks for pointing this out Holly. I can't find the the "allow to show public search" box only the set password on the settings tab. I have searched and can't find it!!
    I have this one folder that appears to show as related files when people download, dispite what I do!! It does just have tuts in it which I do share, but I would like to find out why these files are still showing!!
    Thanks again for pointing this out though.
    My Blog: Cens Loft

Thanks Holly for all the info. Checked my settings and everything is correct now.

I am having some difficulty with setting a password for the folder. I found the properties and changed the settings so it wouldn't show related files nor show up in public searches, but have not been able to find the password option. Please help. Also, is there a way to hide my email address on the 4-shared link?

Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    I am having some difficulty with setting a password for the folder. I found the properties and changed the settings so it wouldn't show related files nor show up in public searches, but have not been able to find the password option. Please help. Also, is there a way to hide my email address on the 4-shared link?
    Hi there,

What I do is RIGHT click on the folder. Then it asks if you would like to share the folder. Click YES.
    Then you will have various options appeaar - click "add password". Then type in your password in the spaces.
    Voilą! (Remember to write down your password somewhere)

5. WOW!
    Thanks!
    This is very necessary!

One question
    you know how do I add the preview of the product in 4shared, when the person clicks the link and go to the download page?
    Does this option is only for those who have premium account?
    Mitia Assef

Thanks so much for this info! I also password protect anything I have there.
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

Quote Originally Posted by mitia View Post
    WOW!
    Thanks!
    This is very necessary!

One question
    you know how do I add the preview of the product in 4shared, when the person clicks the link and go to the download page?
    Does this option is only for those who have premium account?
    I dont know, but that would be pretty cool.
    I hope somebody knows

Thank you so much! I didn't know that