shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Cool Breakfast

Cool Breakfast

Does anyone like eating parfaits for breakfast? I tried the ones at McD's but wasn't really impressed. I later made my own with Cool Whip.

2. That sounds yummy to me! I don't like how the fast food ones have frozen berries. I guess it would be easy to make your own with yogurt, fresh fruit, and granola, or whatever else tickles your fancy. I think I'll try this soon!
    Mrs. Mordecai @ Be It Ever So Humble

Really, I got the idea from CoolWhip.com The site has a bunch of recipes that are really delicious. I haven't been able to make many of them, but the ones I have made were really good. They even have a Healthy Living section on there for the lighter choices.

I used to love Mickey D's parfaits. But they've made them smaller, and they put too much sour fruit in them, and not much yogurt. And I hardly get the granola. I'll have to try the coolwhip ones!

I have never had a parfait!

Parfaits are the best. Especially if you like fresh fruit. The ones from McD's are definitely different, but that's why I started making my own. The best part for me is that one serving only has 25 calories from the tub and no trans fat or cholesterol. That way, I don't feel guilty about eating it.

Hehehe - this thread makes me think of Shrek - when he and Donkey are talking about layers (Shrek meaning onions) and Donkey says something about everyone loving parfaits!

8. Haha!! Very funny.....I love that movie!

mmmm, parfaits! dang this gestational diabetes!
    y'all, when this baby is born, I'm eatin' all the fruit and cool whip I want!
    ~~Julie P.~~