shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 12x12 QuickPage Exchange-Doreen's Rustic Fields

I love this kit! I can't believe how beautiful each and every element and paper is. I can't wait to use all of these great pages! Here's mine. Happy Scrappin' everyone!
    Larisa ~ Garden Girl Designs

Designing For:

Grab my blinkie!

I have the page kit, so I'll try and get a page done for the challenge.

I'm participating on this one too!

Here is the link to mine Victoria32_Rustic Fields QP1
    Here is my 2nd Quick page for the exchange Victoria32_Rustic Fields QP2
    Last edited by Victoria32; 06-28-2008 at 09:39 AM.

5. Help! :)

Okay, I am obviously still new at this, & this is probably a simple thing to do, but I am having trouble. I have my page completed and have it saved as a png file...I know how to upload the preview JPG to the gallery, but the part I need help with is how to get the full size file sent in so everyone else can receive it. The directions say to zip it & email it or use a file sharing site. Well, from what I have read it seems that png files won't zip. So, is my only option to use a file sharing site instead? If so, my next question is what is a site that is good to use? I know nothing about this, so any help will be much appreciated! :) Thanks!

You certainly can zip PNG files. Try 7-zip. http://www.7-zip.org/ After you install zip, all you have to do is put your layout and preview in a new folder, right click on the folder and choose 7zip->add to "yourfilename".zip and that's it. You're best bet after that is to open a free account at 4shared and upload the zip file to 4shared. www.4shared.com. Then, send the download link over email to Holly to the address listed in the instructions. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by uinthas View Post
    Okay, I am obviously still new at this, & this is probably a simple thing to do, but I am having trouble. I have my page completed and have it saved as a png file...I know how to upload the preview JPG to the gallery, but the part I need help with is how to get the full size file sent in so everyone else can receive it. The directions say to zip it & email it or use a file sharing site. Well, from what I have read it seems that png files won't zip. So, is my only option to use a file sharing site instead? If so, my next question is what is a site that is good to use? I know nothing about this, so any help will be much appreciated! :) Thanks!

7. Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post
    You certainly can zip PNG files. Try 7-zip. http://www.7-zip.org/ After you install zip, all you have to do is put your layout and preview in a new folder, right click on the folder and choose 7zip->add to "yourfilename".zip and that's it. You're best bet after that is to open a free account at 4shared and upload the zip file to 4shared. www.4shared.com. Then, send the download link over email to Holly to the address listed in the instructions. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the quick response! I downloaded 7 zip, but I am still having the same problem. It creates a zip file, but the size is still the exact same as the orginal file & it is too big for me to email (20.7mb). Can you think of something simple I might be doing wrong?

PNG files do zip, but don't compress when they zip. So, you will need to open a free 4shared account. It's really easy to use. Then, you can upload your 20 mb zip file to 4shared. After you upload it, just click on the file, and you will be show the download link. Copy the link to your email for Holly and she can then download it from your 4shared account. :)

Quote Originally Posted by uinthas View Post
    Thanks for the quick response! I downloaded 7 zip, but I am still having the same problem. It creates a zip file, but the size is still the exact same as the orginal file & it is too big for me to email (20.7mb). Can you think of something simple I might be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post
    PNG files do zip, but don't compress when they zip. So, you will need to open a free 4shared account. It's really easy to use. Then, you can upload your 20 mb zip file to 4shared. After you upload it, just click on the file, and you will be show the download link. Copy the link to your email for Holly and she can then download it from your 4shared account. :)

Thanks Andrea for assisting! And I got your email UINTHAS! Thanks bunches for participating!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

10. Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    Thanks Andrea for assisting! And I got your email UINTHAS! Thanks bunches for participating!
    Yes, thank you Andrea! The fact that they won't compress was exactly my problem! (Also, while I was figuring this out, I hurried and made a 2nd page...so I have emailed you a new link that includes 2 QP's) Thanks!

Here are my pages:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...hp?photo=32501
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...hp?photo=32502