shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Lingo for Newbies

1. I am fairly sure that at some point we will have no need for words at all and letters will take over!!!

2. And after going back to read more posts, I think you all are making up new ones as you go......LMAO......ok.......no more......LOL!!!!

pies in your face from me

~~~[} ~~~~[} ~~~ [}

thank you for posting all those! i've done digital scrapbooking with a special program for the past 3 years and have now decided that i need to face my fears with PSE and just figure it all out. that meant a whole new world with all new lingo! thank you! now i just need to figure it all out, make a signature & figure out how to make/add blinkies. i'm such a tech loser, it's not even funny!

Exclamation New here & frusterated

Hi all! I'm new to digital scrapbooking & I've just purchased some items to work with. I've tried looking through some of the advice pages & tutorials but I have had NO luck getting anything to work right. I don't even know where to begin scrapping digitally :(
    Please help!

Hi and welcome! I can probably help a little. What computer program are you using? Photoshop Elements is the most common. Post a reply and I'll see if I can help. :)

Quote Originally Posted by kmccann View Post
    Hi all! I'm new to digital scrapbooking & I've just purchased some items to work with. I've tried looking through some of the advice pages & tutorials but I have had NO luck getting anything to work right. I don't even know where to begin scrapping digitally :(
    Please help!

system using

PSE 5.0-I'm also trying to learn that as well lol~Thanks!

I was so lost when I first started to digi-scrap.
    "Layers" totally confused me and I didn't understand them at all.
    Once I figured out how to add elements to the layout and that they were on different layers, I was ready to start scrapping.

Learning the scrapping software is a big part of learning how to digi-scrap.
    We have Elements classes here to help.

One of the things that helped me out when I first started was to pick a layout from the gallery that I liked, and then try to duplicate the design. that helped me get used to using my software. Another thing that really helped me too, was scrapping with templates.
    Using templates also has a learning curve -- but what it forced me to do was learn how to resize things, rotate things, and clip papers and photos to the different layers on the template. Templates really helped me learn my software.

Thanks

Thanks Elena. Yea, the layers are really confusing me as well as all of the tools. I drag a pic into the workspot in Elements, then try to add something & I'm not sure what happens but it replaces my picture. I try to move things around to see if my pics may be underneath & I just get so lost. Thanks for trying to help though lol. I need someone to "sit" with me & walk me through it, I have a hard time with following written directions. Maybe I'll figure it out by just playing with it? It's frustrating.

Hi all! I thought I should this great thread and give you a link to Urban Dictionary. Here I have learned a lot over the years, when I needed to check on an abbreviation I couldn't understand.

10. More acronym questions

I see that the last post was quite a bit ago, but I'm hoping someone stumbles across my new post.

I'm a newbie and have run across the following acronyms: V3, V4, CU, PU,and S4H. Any suggestions on what they mean? Most recently I saw them next to kits when they are for purchase.

Thanks for any help.