shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: ACDsee question

1. ACDsee question

So I've been going back and forth on getting this. I think mostly because I don't want to spend the time tagging but seriously, things are getting out of hand, lol. My current system, such as it is, is I keep my newer kits on my PC and everything else on my EHD. About once a week I copy the new stuff over to my EHD just to be safe. I know you can tag your EHD and your DVD/CD's as well as your hard drive. My question is this: Once my new stuff is tagged when I go to move it to my EHD do I have to re-tag it? And if I move a kit back to my PC will it then show there? Is this even a possibility? Oh and Alphas, do you have to tag each letter? I'd be interested in other people's systems. I'm willing to give up my scrapping time this weekend to get this project underway.
    *Wen*

To answer your questions about the external harddrive, Yes-you can tag all your stuff in it and it will find it. You can use ACDSee to move your files from your computer to the external and then you don't have to re-tag. I found out the hard way that you have to use ACDSee to move them otherwise you lose all your tags! But, now that I learned that lesson, I just move the files with the program and all my tags are still there! Personally, I have just the letter A of my alphas tagged. That way when I look for an alpha, I don't have to go through the entire alphabet. But, everyone is different so you could really tag however you want. I like having it, I like to see other stuff I have to use now instead of trying to remember which folder I had that one ribbon in, you know? If you do decide to do it, Good Luck and I hope you like it!

3. Thanks so much for the info Tami, it helped a lot. Guess we know what I'll be doing this weekend huh?
    *Wen*