shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Photoshop Elements v.5.0

Photoshop Elements v.5.0

Anyone planning on upgrading? I'm still working on learning cs2 so I probably won't be upgrading, but I'd love to hear if anyone else plans to.. and what they think of it when they get a chance to really try it out

Hmm Im not a PS user but when I get my Wacom Tablet which has PSE in it I will be giving it a go. However Im not sure what version it is.. definitely wont be PSE 5 though lol. So yeah Id be interested to hear on reviews for this product too. the PSE 5 that is
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

I read the specs on the internet and it doesn't sound like there is much in addition to what I have in PSE4, so I'll stick with what I've got. For now, anyway!

4. My dad had said (he's a computer network person for the area's 5 school districts) that Adobe had to create new program upgrades to run with the new Windows Vista that is being offered to the general public the end of this year.

Currently Adobe had some errors (while working with larger scale: offices, schools) because some "run-time" (I think that's the word he said) isn't compatitable with Windows (if you notice, its slow on Windows XP, because it was made compatible with the earlier program) So with the new release of Windows Vista next month to the coporate world and to the general public the end of this year, Adobe had to upgrade its system to work with the new Windows.

From what he's reading and learning from Microsoft Online Meetings, a bunch of programs are having to upgrade to be able to work with the news Windows Vista.

That's what Dad and I were talking about over dinner a couple nights ago So unless you are having problems with your current Windows and Adobe, he didn't recommend the upgrade of Adobe products. He said other than making their program compatiable with the new Vista, it probably won't have much more/less in their programs. They (along with other programs) are just keeping up with the times with a new upgrade.

However, since he's the computer "geek" and he's building my computer, I have a sneaky feeling he's going to put Vista on my computer. If he does this, I will see first hand how much more slower Adobe is on the computer. Until then, my programs work just fine on my current computer (slow, but they work!)
    Wendy
    ~The Name Behind Neverland Scraps~

Thanks for the update Wendy... that's interesting news. :)

I work for a software company, so I am sure we'll have lots of fun updating to be "Vista" compatible too. *nerd

IF Vista is actually released--I won't hold my breath until then ; ))
    I just got PSE 4 so I won't be upgrading. Unless I find out they offer things done easier like curves and so forth. I miss full photoshop though and will be getting my old computer with it on it fixed asap.
    Liz Pike

Blog updated Thursday October 19

8. I am thinking about getting PSE 5.0 and I just got a new laptop with Vista. Thank you for sharing this information. I was actually thinking of maybe getting the 4th version...but now I definitely won't. THANKS!