shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Please teach our children ..

Please teach our children ..

A horrific tragedy occurred in my home city this weekend .. three innocent young adults were killed by one stupid, inconsiderate, irresponsible driver. Two of them were celebrating their 19th and 21st birthdays.

The driver .. serious but without life threatening injuries.

Article here: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...006301,00.html

I always make a point of telling my daughter that she always has a choice .. she always has the right to leave a vehicle she feels unsafe in. I showed her the article to make the point that speed does kill, that cars are not armour against speed.

Please teach our children that they have a choice. Please teach our children that rules are for a reason - not just because we want to make them.

Please take these children and keep their souls safe.

I totally agree. I , as an EMT, see too much of this. The driver is usually the 1 that has the least amount of injuries. Children seem to think they that will NEVER happen to them. Ive tried to change the law to have ALL new drivers ride along with an ambulance crew before they get their license. Just as they have to take a defensive driving course. If they see first hand what could happen they might realize the severity of the situation should they not follow rules.This goes for adults also. Ive seen many who believe their driving is "fine". Those are the ones I usually have to get out of ditches and ravines. Most of the time it is because of the deer that darts in front of them. Any sudden change can cause even the BEST driver to get into accidents. Sorry if I rambled...most accidents are avoidable...please people be smart...be safe.