shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

View Poll Results: How many layouts do you make with a page kit?

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • none - I'm just a shop-aholic & have an incredibly large unused stash!

11 6.88%
  • 1 - Once I make a layout, I'm done with the kit

8 5.00%
  • 1 or 2 - I can usually find enough in the kit to make more than 1

69 43.13%
  • 3 or More - I want my $$'s worth!

72 45.00%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Do You Make?

Quote Originally Posted by Mom_of_5 View Post
    usually 1-2 layouts and I have LOADS of kits that I have never used...YET
    That's me too Mel... I have quite a few I haven't ever even used...! I love Quickpages..so I have more of those that are just waiting for that perfect photo..lol

I have an enormous stash that I haven't used yet because I am just getting started digi scrapping. I got a little excited about all the fun stuff out there and went just a little crazy buying a ton of kits. But I'm sure I'll use them all eventually....

I find that I mix and match elements from different kits to make several different layouts. So, in a way I use them more than once or twice, but I'd say I use the kit all together on only one or two layouts.
    Larisa ~ Garden Girl Designs

Designing For:

Grab my blinkie!

With most, I am content with doing 1 layout, but there are some kits that I find myself returning to over and over, whether for papers, elements, or alphas. Now that I'm "mostly" organized with ACDSee, I find that I don't usually use "only" one kit in a LO, whereas before I was kida forced to stay within one (due to not knowing where to find anything! ).
    But I probably haven't used about 90% of what I have.
    Even digitally, I'm a packrat.
    ~~Julie P.~~

4. I usually make one page, but find different elements that I use over and over again.

As Many As I Can

I always look for kits I can use over & over again and mix & match with the others I have.
    I like to alter the items givem a twist to give a little pop to my pics

I usually get 1 - 2 full pages but I'm also a lover of taking a bit from this kit and a bit from that kit and just mixing and matching. So I probably end up with more that just 1-2 in the end.

I totally agree with the others when they say that with 1 page I have got my moneys worth. To see the look on my DHs face or hear my mum on the phone when she receives her stash of pages I make for her is well worth every penny.

I agree with what GardenGirl05 said. I have gone a little crazy downloading too, lol.

What==== we are actually supposed to USE all the digital stuff we collect??? Oh my---II best get started===I have enoogh stuff to do scrapbooks for the entire county and never use a kit twice. Just like with my paper scrapping==I am a true 'collector' at heart!

I do 1-2 per kit, but as said earlier some kits can be used over and over again. :)

Quote Originally Posted by griest View Post
    What==== we are actually supposed to USE all the digital stuff we collect??? Oh my---II best get started===I have enoogh stuff to do scrapbooks for the entire county and never use a kit twice. Just like with my paper scrapping==I am a true 'collector' at heart!
    I'm with you on this, Kim I read a quote somewhere from a seamstress - people were giving her a hard time about all the fabric she was collecting and never using. Her reply was "I just like to look at it. I don't see what the problem is - stamp collectors collect stamps all the time and never send them!"

Count me in as a collector! Although, I've found myself here lately using more and more of my stash and actually thinking before I buy something. I also have several kits that I use over and over again & I have several sets of solid papers that I really go to again and again.

So, here's my answer: All of the above!
    Last edited by ABitDaffy; 06-05-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: changed sewer to seamstress, 'cause in the context I wasn't sure that it wouldn't be read sewer as in the sewer drain :)
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock