shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: cheesey or no?

cheesey or no?

I am a bit short for xmass this year and more so because im trying to cover everyone. I know not really realistic but I feel like I leave people out. So I thought I might make everyone hand made soaps. Honestly now. What would you think of that gift from an family member? I do make soaps from scratch all the chemestery involved. No melt and pour stuff. is that a good gift? and what kind of smell???

I for one would love a gift of handmade soaps! A friend makes them and every Christmas I look forward to her gift basket. She wraps the bars in netting and ties them with gold ribbon and then arranges them in a nice small basket, just a perfect touch for the vanity. Last year, she included some handmade massage oil, really nice! Go for it!
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Oh? You know a soaper? verry cool. I am the only person i know around here. :( would be fun to have someone else to share my hobie with. I havent tried oils or lotions yet. lotions especially look like fun. :) but I think ill do just bars of soap this year. :)

I think it would be a lovely idea. Vanilla scented seems to be a scent everyone loves. Go for it girly!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

5. I think it's a great gift, too!
    Nichole~Home school mom of Trinity, Heather, Brooklyn & Brandon and loving wife of Bryan DC

Ditto... me too! Especially vanilla scented

Oooooh not cheesy at all! I used to have a friend who made them and candles and body butters! Oh I was in heaven! Wrap em up pretty and they make the best gifts!

Lovely idea. I love handmade soaps. Lavender is a good scent too.

Ok soaps are don. I dident make it in time for this saterdays party but ill drop them off to my family on the eve befor we head to my in-laws. :)

Here is a scrap on them. soaps

By the by the kit I have been working on for the haliday. what do you think? need anything???