shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Can't Be Good

This Can't Be Good

So I'm working on my round 3 layout, trying to use the horizontal type tool. An error message comes up "Your request cannot be completed because there is not enough memory (RAM)." Yikes. Does that mean in PSE or on my entire computer....whaddo i do? whaddo i do?

I don't use PSE but I used to get problems like this in photoshop with my old computer.
    Save everything and then close PSE and reboot your PC.
    If it's just your memory/swap files filling up that may be all you need to do.
    Does PSE use layers? flattening some layers will reduce the amount of memory it's using too.
    I haven't even started my round 3 yet :(

okay thanks, i'm saving now and will go to bed and try again in the morning!

ugh. it won't let me save either. i closed everything, deleted some old programs...any other suggestions?

I don't actually know anything about computers, but maybe close anything else you have open and try again? Good luck Erin. I'll cross my fingers for you.

No worries! Would you believe it was a bad font? I found a thread at DST that said sometimes a bad font will give you that message...sho'nuf...I had installed three today - don't know which one was bad b/c i got rid of them all. Once i uninstalled them and went to save again, it saved like a charm. Phew. Now I'm going to bed. Really.

glad you figured it out - and thanks for sharing - i've not had this problem before - I would never have guessed a font could do this - will remember this one.

get some sleep Erin unless your nerves are shot.

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

I sent you a PM to try to help out...but I am so glad you figured it out. I might not have asked specifically about a font...but I definately would have asked if you had installed or changed ANYTHING today or recently...and then we could have worked backwards from that. Great work...and what a relief, eh??!!!

Take care...sleep well.

Oh wow Erin. I 'm glad you figured it out. I'll have to remember that in case I ever get that message.

Quote Originally Posted by mosser77 View Post
    No worries! Would you believe it was a bad font? I found a thread at DST that said sometimes a bad font will give you that message...sho'nuf...I had installed three today - don't know which one was bad b/c i got rid of them all. Once i uninstalled them and went to save again, it saved like a charm. Phew. Now I'm going to bed. Really.
    Wow Erin I never would have thought that something like that would happen because of a font. I know in my PSE4 I would be doing a layout and when I would get to the end to do my title or whatever, I would start to type something and everything would crash, now it makes me think it was a bad font that did it. I finally had to make sure that I would stop and save before I used any fonts, too many times I would have to start my layouts over.
    Hope you don't have any more problems.
    Oh another thing, empty your recycle bin too if it happens again.
    Elaine My Blog
    \