shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: What's up with this???

What's up with this???

My boys play under 10 and under 8's soccer here. We are so excited that both made it to the semi-finals which is great considering the soccer association here has over 1700 kids playing this season....despite all the terrible reffereeing that has gone on.

So here goes my rant...and before I go on, no I'm not one of the crazy obsessed parents over their kids sports success...

Here it is a semi-final game last night and can they give us a ref that knows the rules? No! And so what do you think happens, the coaches get all upset and then the kids have to witness that (that part does not make me happy). What do kids learn by not enforcing rules? Hellooo! Basic concept, isn't it???
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

i totally agree holly. Did you speak to the coaches about it? or the other parents?
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

That's crazy. If they are orgainzing it, they should make sure that there are people running it that know the rules. Not much of a lesson for the kids!

Jennifer

Agreed Holly, not what the kids should be learning. Happens a lot here too though, quite maddening. Hope they get it worked out for the kids sake.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

It's a shame when the adults can't set a good example for the kids :(