shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: The movies are right. Rant:

The movies are right. Rant:

Warning Rant:

I hosted An early T-day by request of my MIL. She said I had more space for acomadateing the family in our area of the house. I accepted even though The truth is she just could clean and the space would be available to her too. I thought She wanted the family togather and just suspected that I may be able to pull it off. I spent the whole previous weekend cleaning my home. I have been doing carpendrey so it was not the cleanest. Then our car broke down. :( This left us home the two days befor the dinner. I used the time to clean and cook what could be don beforhand. I was Going to barow tables from our mutual job but with out transportation was unable to get them. My MIL brought them home with her but was really crappy about it. She brought home our yearly Turcky or Ham gift card from work that we all recived and gave us ours but dident bother to offer hers or any help with the $100 we spent in food. Maybe it was an unreasonable thought but I figured it was free money and she had asked me to do thia as an favor. Then I spaek with an brother in law who says he may not come. His wife would like to go to chicago to celabrate there daughters b-day. I asked my DH the day of to go to the store and get an personal cake and an present. Explaining I was sure my MIL had her heart set on haveing the family togather so I was being devious and would call and tell my brother in law and let him know we had planned on celaberating her b-day with her. They come back and instead My mill being informed my DH Has bought an whole huge cake!! I have like an zillion deserts!!!!! I ignore this agen and dont even ask what became of my instructions. I spend all day cooking and the family shows up early. Ok thats usual with most family but it just dident occure to me . Im frazled and hurring to finish. I hadent even got an shower. Thank goodness for my SIL . She was my calming facter. :) I am trying to peel potatos and make develd eggs at the same time when my Mil calls down she want everyone up stairs NOW so we can watch presents. "Cant this wait till after dinner?" Sil and I go upstairs after the dirty looks from our nonunderstanding DH's. Everything else went pretty ok but for my MIL shoveing cake on everyone after dinner. All over I thought, no more stress this weekend. But no. The next morning I wake up and head upstairs to the bathroom ( ours is not finished yet) and my MIl says " Oh , by the way we took food out of your fridge this morning for breakfast" "you know ham and what not". ......... I hadent an clue what to say. They just came down and took food from our fridge. Its not like we eat there food. Or like we dont pay rent to live whear we are. Heck we only live here to help them out financially a bit and mabe one day pick up the house payments when they no longer can. Who dose she think she is? I just walked away. Couldent even think of what to say. She told DH that she would have asked but we were asleep. I dont think that was an suitable answer. They could just get there own food and asked later. I had planned meals aready with what was left. After 14 people it was not much. Now its wensday and im still irratated. I would love to scream at her but what would it do me? Now I understand why wemon in movies want to kill there MIls. You think there is room out back with the gardener? I doubt they would find the body.

girl.... You did a good thing :) Unfortunately, sometimes our ideas of how these things will go are nowhere near how they turn out... Isn't family fun?! I feel ya...believe me :)

WOW Red - your MIL isnt the sister of my MIL is she??? We could bury them together :). You have the patience of a saint lady. Be proud and remember - you are waaaaaay better than her - you have standards that are high!

Ohhh dear Redring. Now I know why lots dont like their MIL. I used to get along with mine then something went wrong. Bad gossip and backstabbing I think. I dont know. But there you have it. I never trusted her after that.
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

What the heck is it with them? Will we be like that some day? I just dont understand at all. I thank you for the understanding. I need it right now. Really I wish I could just stop being irratated. Not good for my health :) I really wish we could all just get along with our MILs. Life would be so much easyer. Thank you dears.

I think MILs never think that the girl their son picked is good enough. I had trouble with mine at first, but we seem to be ok now. For the longest time, all I hear was how much she liked my DH's last girl and thought that they would get married.

Not what I wanted to hear!

Just grin and bear it, knowing that you'll outlive her!

Jennifer

Just grin and bear it, knowing that you'll outlive her!
    LOL! WOW!!!
    Thanks.

Family gatherings can bring out the best AND the worst in people. Sounds like you handled the situation the best you could. I've had my share of differences with inlaws, especially regarding the kids. I try to treat my mil with respect and kindness, but there are those times I would like to just wring her neck. And a great thought Jennifer, lol.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Man not right at all! No advice other than take deep breaths..