shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What I found...

What I found...

Well, I was doing my son's laundry (he is 10) and I found some interesting and rather comical things in his pockets! I thought I would share the list with you all:

Pocket #1:
    Full of dirt

Pocket #2:
    2 small plastic star wars guns
    1 foot shaped eraser
    Pencil stubb...eraser missing!
    Rocks
    Candy wrappers
    Rubber bit from the school playground

It's similar every time! I just laugh and wonder where he got all of it!

How would you feel about finding a small garden snake. That happened once, didn't think anything of it, thought it was a shoe lace until it started moving and I do not like snakes at all.
    Elaine My Blog
    \

<<Pencil stubb...eraser missing!>>

Oh, I remember the stubs...haven't seen those for awhile, maybe they grow out of the oh, so coo, short pencil.

Kathy

LOL Andrea! My girls aren't quite old enough to surprise me with what they have stored away in their pockets, but I'm sure it will be lovely.
    If I ever found a snake I would pass out for sure.

Eraser missing almost looked like it's been chewed away! Ick!!

Things I have found in my 7 year old's pockets:

The stem of a pumpkin (it looked like it must have been a very large pumpkin)
    Shot gun shells (Lord only knows where those came from)
    rocks
    dirt clods (yes, still in tact even after they had been throught the wash! it's that great east Texas red mud)
    dog biscuits
    golf balls

When will I learn to check EVERY TIME!?!?!?
    AmyLeigh

this is just too funny!!! I have found many strange things in my boys pockets also, but I totally freaked out when my oldest (12) had his camping "swiss army" knife in there...of course it was because he had not washed the jeans for a week, and he had been camping. Thank god he did not wear those to school.
    Beth

I'm glad this is normal! I forgot to add that I also found several starwars monopoly cards???

All I can say is WAIT until they are older...the things in there pockets change! I solved that problem...they do their own laundry after a certain age so I dont HAVE to know whats in their pockets.

Okay I hate to tell you this ladies but those little boys that put "everything" in their pockets grow up to be men. And my "55 year old little boy" has dirt in his pockets every night, I occassionally get paid a few cents for doing the laundry (what money you find in the pockets is yours), screws, nails etc. I have washed his knife too many times. And no matter how many times I say did you empty your pockets I always find some treasure when I do the laundry.