shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Being Bad....

Being Bad....

Do you guys eat out much? I am getting so bad Last night I ordered pizza... today for lunch we (Hannah and I) went through the drive in at McD's after her dance class... I am becoming such a fast food junkie!!

How often do you all grab fast food? Go ahead, make me really feel bad!

My girls and I never eat junk food - we have salad with every meal and only eat lean meat - all the fat cut off

NOT!!

We had fish and chips from the chip shop last night (and our local chippie does the best chips in the whole wide world!!). I have to confess that we do have them fairly often - usually after swimming lessons on a Monday cos the timing is so bad (although having had them yesterday, we won't be tomorrow as well!!)

And, if we go into town shopping, we do have MacDs then, but thats not very often - at least 2 weeks ago!!!

Funny that you should ask...this past week my middle son had his 6th year check up. And what does the nurse ask...."How many times does he eat fast food or processed meat a week". Ummmmmmmmm, had to lie ! The first thought that came into my mind is how he loves bologna! Then I thought of the mcdonalds runs...then I thought of the pizza at least once a week. Uh, a couple was my answer

Having three boys, managing this site, a full-time job, etc. etc. etc., no way could I make nutritious three times a day. Rachael Ray has wonderful ideas for 30-min meals but I swear it's not just 30-min cuz you have to spend time thinking about what you want to eat, check your kitchen to see if you have all that you need, buy stuff from the grocery store all before you can tackle cooking a recipe.... I'm trying....I swear!!!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

We're bad too. We both work full time and by the time we have put in a day, neither of us feels like cooking. And cooking a full meal really cuts into any time that I can spend with my dd. I would guess that we eat out 3 times a week at least.

And my dd lives on bologna and hot dogs too, it seems. Not good, I know, but sometimes it is easier than fighting to get them to eat...

Jennifer