shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Please tell me if I'm right

Please tell me if I'm right

OMG this purge I found those 20!!! year old pull-on leather boots in the bottom of the closet. They are too ugly even for halloween :
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9822/tr4pd8.jpg
    Embarrassing ....they reminds me of the Leg Lamp in the movie The Christmas Story - someone please correct me if I am wrong here . The soles are worn-out and the old leather is pretty stiff ....Gross!!! I'm all for donating things to goodwill, but i'm thinking that those 20 year old boots just need a "boot" into the big black trash bag. I admit im a pack-rat, so please tell me if I'm right?

2. If that is the picture of the boots themselves, then I would think they'd be great for a Halloween costume. The leather might be a bit too worn for daily wear, but for a costume, I wouldn't see the harm. ;)

We all had these boots way back then, but they wouldn't be useful to someone nowadays. I don't mind hand me down clothes but I think that old boots contain a lot of bacterias and fungi. It ranks up there with not sharing underclothes. I say gross and I would just trash these 20yr old boots! But I am a thrower awayer ----DH says that if he sits still for too long, that I will throw him away

If they had an ankle to them, they'd look fine, but the straight-leggedness of them looks pretty weird. Are you sure they're only 20 years old and not 30? I think they'd be great for Halloween, but after that, they need to be tossed out!

Ok.
    I am thinking its a bit odd that this was posted not once, but twice, 9 days apart...throw them away and move on. If you can't part with them throw them in a box to be discovered the next time you declutter.

Kathy

I agree with Kathy ... the boots are old and probably unsanitary, just like spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by lillypug34 View Post
    I agree with Kathy ... the boots are old and probably unsanitary, just like spammers.
    LOL.
    I think we are on the same page here.

Kathy