shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: I Just Got a Huge Scare....

I Just Got a Huge Scare....

I will confess. I am a fontaholic. I have literally thousands of fonts, paid and free that I have accumulated over the years. I have a folder on my main drive with my favorites that are not installed and of course the windows folder with the installed ones. But I have the others stored on an external drive as I don't use them often.

So imagine my reaction when I opened my font program & nothing was in the external drive file.*nerd So I opened explore & browsed to the folder to find: 0 files, 0 bytes. I have these backed up on CD, but the problem is most of my CD's cannot be read by my new pc, so I have to open them on my old pc, copy them to flashdrive, copy to new pc, etc. So I close PS in despair, run a search, pull some of my hair out & resign myself to the fact that I will have to do the copy routine.

Then I reboot my pc. And......look what is now on my external drive....all my missing fonts. Whoever wrote Windows must have a really warped sense of humor!*mad
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

scuse me but u did have a little giggle! but poor you it would break my heart to lose the stuff on my pc. I am so glad you found it. And guess hat - windows - created by a man!! Says it all huh!!

Computers have a mind of their own, don't they? At least you didn't lose everything!!

Jennifer

oh no! I think I would have gone completely mad if that had happened to me!! Glad it was all ok :)

Quote Originally Posted by twirlyjoy View Post
    oh no! I think I would have gone completely mad if that had happened to me!! Glad it was all ok :)
    would have gone???? ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by beany View Post
    scuse me but u did have a little giggle! but poor you it would break my heart to lose the stuff on my pc. I am so glad you found it. And guess hat - windows - created by a man!! Says it all huh!!
    Giggle, yes, after it was over.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

7. Alice, I had a scare that was similar to yours the other day too. I ran the virus scan on my hd and then the External drive, then I ran the defrag on both, just a little house cleaning too. I then went to save a freebie and my computer was not recognizing the external drive! I sat there and my blood pressure must have gone sky high!...I started crying and then had to quickly get my composure back real quick as dh came into the office. I realized that I had been on the puter all day long and it was probably as tired as I was so I shut it completely down - let it rest a bit and turned it back on and whala...my external drive was still there and all my scrapbooking kits and layouts and pictures were ok. I was quite relieved. I will remember from now on to reboot after defragging! I wasn't giggling tho. Have a grea day!

Don't you just love computers!!!!! That was a scare, alright....eek! That would had made me sick....so glad that all was okay and you didn't have to restore everything! :)
    Michaele