shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is with Customer Service these days??

What is with Customer Service these days??

I remember in nearly every job induction manual (as most of the jobs I been in has some form of customer service) one of the rules of customer service.. is you must listen to the customer (the customer is always right *apparently*) especially a complaining one.

Well last nite.. my stupid internet has reached 80% already again so I phoned them up and told them that this plan is not working for me and in no way am I going back on dial up. So I asked them about the new plans that have just been released (the GoLarge plan is unlimited and apparently 4 times faster than what I am on now *we shall see how true that is*)

Anyway, I noticed that when i ring my isp 'customer service desk' I always run into a number of horrible things....

1# A foreigner - Ugh !!! Its bad enough that I can hardly hear properly let alone trying to understand a foreigner.. but anyway I always make sure that I understand what they are saying first before I agree with myself what they are actually saying.

2# They talk while you are talking!!!! - Now that is something I totally despise!! is someone trying to talk over top of you!! you should have seen me... I was practically yelling into the phone trying to finish my sentence or explanation and he was busy trying to talk to me at the same time!!!! not listening to what im saying.

I explained at the beginning of the phone call that Im ringing to make a complaint... so he knew im going to complain. Then I would try and explain things to him and he butts in and talks on top of me... I wont give in.. I will keep going till im finish... so therefore... we both didnt hear each other!! then he asks me questions that I had already answered previously while he was talking to me at the same time.

I have just had it with customer service these days.

*mad

LOL thats all done now... now vent yours
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

Oh my goodness... I'm with you..

what I love is: the "please press 1 for... now please enter your account number.... now your phone number... now please enter your SS#.... now please state clearly what difficulty you are experiencing... Please hold ... we are experiencing high call traffic at this time and your wait time may exceed 15 minutes!! ... and by the way.. your call may be monitored for quality assurance and/or training purposes!...

I'm already pe'od before anyone even answers my call!! Off to get my meds now!! j/k he he! Thanks Phoenix.. that was great to vent.. :)

I agree with Phoenix, the internet here at the moment sux. I am at the other end of the country and for some reason while they have been "upgrading" us all, I haven't been able to connect. That is why I missed half the chat the other day. I generally make my partner ring to complain as he is so funny as he keeps chatting and saying basically what Debra said "press 1 for..." and makes me laugh especially when someone answers while he is still babbling.

I agree - I am sure they are given special training in how to make customers feel stupid!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debra View Post
    Oh my goodness... I'm with you..

what I love is: the "please press 1 for... now please enter your account number.... now your phone number... now please enter your SS#.... now please state clearly what difficulty you are experiencing... Please hold ... we are experiencing high call traffic at this time and your wait time may exceed 15 minutes!! ... and by the way.. your call may be monitored for quality assurance and/or training purposes!...

I'm already pe'od before anyone even answers my call!! Off to get my meds now!! j/k he he! Thanks Phoenix.. that was great to vent.. :)
    And after you punch in all that and get a real person, the first question out of their mouth is "What is your account number please?" So why did I have to enter it!

It's the same thing here in the states Phoenix. Total lack of concern for the customer. Hope you get things worked out.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Yup i have got it worked out hun.. I just hope I dont have to ring them again.

You'll like this one - check out this poor guy's attempt to cancel his AOL account http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpDSBAh6RY

BTW - I work customer service for a software company. We're not all rude!

Jennifer

They are very rude here in las vegas! Anywhere you call or go to customer service 98% of the people I have encountered acted like it is such a CHORE to help you. Hello! It's your JOB! Get over it! It's what you are getting PAID for! Even when I call the clinic on base to get an appt, I have to deal with appt clerks (kinda like customer service) and they get rude VERY quickly and VERY easily. I have went off on many people on base! If you are not a people person GET A NEW JOB!

okay, off my soap box
    Lynds
    I Happily Create For
    Tabatha Reed
    Melissa Daniel
    Grace Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by Daniellesmama View Post
    You'll like this one - check out this poor guy's attempt to cancel his AOL account http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmpDSBAh6RY

BTW - I work customer service for a software company. We're not all rude!
    that is awesome!!!
    We used to try and see who could get customers the most irate just by being overly polite!! LOL

OMG his dad??!!!! youre joking!! hahahaha. Yeah I have had some customer service people do that to me.. a bank in fact. LOL That was a good clip.

LOL Lyndsay.. you are so right!! I must admit.. I have been rude when i was working in customer service. but that was when i was working as a checkout operator. I hated it. thats why I dont work there anymore.

Oh i forgot to mention. Speaking of customer service... and this is the otherside of it. I phoned the frontdesk of my tertiary study yesterday and there was this young lady whom answered and LOL even tho it was very beautiful and kind... it was um.... either too fake for me or just a bit over the top anyway lol. I know i just cant be pleased can I. She was nice but the tone was just ewwww lol
    Last edited by Phoenix; 11-03-2006 at 10:25 AM.