shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: So... Guess What I did Today....

1. So... Guess What I did Today....

Accidentally deleted my "My Documents" file... and of course, guess what was in that file.. "My Pictures" which of course had all MY WHOLE WORLD in it!!!

I was "cleaning things out" and sending them to the recycling bin just as I'm always doing to conserve disk space and all the sudden I'm deleting this huge file (my documents) which didn't even go to the recycling bin... I tried to hit cancel.. no doing.. and since it didn't go to the recycling bin, I can't just hit "restore" and get it back.

I have Geeks-On-Call coming this afternoon to try and get it back.. but Waaaaaaaaaaaa! I'm really worried... although I do have an ehd which has everything up until Sept 2nd... but geez, I've done quite a bit of scrapping since then ...

Hope everyone else is having a better day!!

hmmm... I dont know what to say debra.... but hmmmmm... I think I might leave the comment for the messenger!!
    Phoenix aka Melissa - SAHM of Shania (13) and Jordan (10)

oh no!!!! Nightmare!!! Dunno what I'd do if it were me - prolly cry - loads!

probably too late now but you can go to your file tab and hit the undo. I dont it will let you after you close the file though. its worth an try though. also try searching youre pc through explorer. :) good luck!!

I would do the same as rebecca and leave the computer alone. Knowing my luck I would manage to write over the precise spot the file was.

Now looking for a blank DVD for a backup...

6. thanks you guys... but unfortunately I'm just gonna have to live without the file... luckily had the ehd with everything up until september..so... oh well, Life goes on, right? :)

awwww!!! Sorry!

gutted!! Am really sorry - but good you had most of it backed up.

Wow - what a disappointment to lose all of that stuff!

I almost suffered a similar fate a few weeks ago. My DH (not so "D" that day) burned on a CDRW he had made that had my daughters baby pics - stuff he had archived and then removed from our PC!! Fortunately he had another backup CD and we didn't lose anything. So I let him live - this time!!*mad

Your message reminds me that I am due to make another backup (or two), so I'd better get on it!

Jennifer

10. Oh my Jenn... He is lucky!!! Yes, Back up.. Back up Backup!!!