shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did the box go?

Where did the box go?

Awhile ago, my download box just disappeared. The box that shows the progress of downloads as well as when they are completed. Gone. Just like that. I am using Firefox. I have gone to tools and clicked on downloads and it brings up the box I am talking about but it is like empty.
    Any ideas?
    I really miss that box.
    Thanks

were you trying to download something from the store cuz I've been having issues too. When I tried to download a kit from the store, there was no download box either---nothing happened, could't get the download. Don't know what the problem is though. PS glad ya like your layout.

Actually its been gone for like a month...If I am downloading many things it makes it hard to track what's going on.

You can add the extension "Download Status Bar", which will show the progress right at the bottom of the browser, instead of the seperate box. I love ite!! I started using it when my box also disappeared.
    ~~Julie P.~~

Thanks again, Julie. You are a doll~!
    Now I go to Firefox and look for add ons, right? Any other firefox add ons you recommend?

You're welcome! Yep, you can go to the page or just go to Tools > Add-ons > (then at the bottom of that box) Get Extensions and it'll open in a new tab. There, in the search box just type "Download Status Bar" and it'll take you to the page.
    I also use ForecastFox and the theme Blue Ice, but there are tons of themes, so have fun!
    Then some add-ons I have that aren't from FF are: the GDS toolbar, Kaboodle (which is kinda like a shopping list site, it lets you add anything you want as "have", "wish" etc), and del.icio.us (this stores bookmarks for you, directly to a webpage so you never lose them -- which I am using like a crazy lady now! ).
    You will need to restart FF after adding everything, but after that it's good to go.
    oh! on the Download Status Bar, you may want to play with the settings, or things will stay there forever. I have it set to remove any zip, jpeg, png, and rar files 5 seconds after they've downloaded.
    whew!
    ~~Julie P.~~

7. Hmmm . . . I just updated and my download box is still there. Weird!

Give my Blog some love . . . I'll see you there . . .

View my Gallery Here

Can I just say that I've been having a lot of trouble with Firefox since it's last update...it just does weird stuff like that! There's a bug in there somewhere!

9. i don't know about the add-ons, but my favorite theme is pimpzilla !
    little snowflake, scrapping with the Gimp
    my blog

I have also having difficulties with firefox...all the sudden it will no longer "go" when I click on something and try to go there.... hope they get the bugs out soon!