shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Brushes

Brushes

Is anyone familiar with PSP10? I'd like to know how to get a brush (ABR File) which supposingly opens in Photoshop to open in PSP. I cant open in either. Thanks

If I remember correctly from what I've read about this, ABR files won't work in PSP, but if the brushes also came as PNG's, you can use those instead.
    Paige

Is there a way to change them to a Png file?

.abr files will work in PSP but they have to have been created with Photoshop version 5.5 or earlier - which would probably be older brushes you found on the internet. If you try and open an ABR created later than that in PSP you get some kind of compatibility error message. To open a abr file that will work with PSP, you go to File, Import, then Custom Brush. Then, click open and find the find the .abr file you want. If it's truly a PSP-compatible .abr file, you'll see the brushes open and then you just select the ones you want to move over.

In paintshop, once you import the brush you can open it individually to edit it and you could save it as a .png file at that point - I don't know enough about PSE to tell you if that works the same way, but I would think it should.

Hope that helps!
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock