shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: August Progressive Scrap Challenge Sweet and Salty

1. Cool August Progressive Scrap Challenge Sweet and Salty

August 2014 PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the AUGUST Progressive Challenge.

Ginger here, of Gingers Scraps N Pixels,*as we gear up for the ending of summer vacation and Back To School for the kiddo its time once again for the August Progressive Scrap entitled
    Sweet and Salty

The *contributors for this months Progressive are, Vicki of Danas Footprint Digital Design*& Darlene of *Studio4 Designworks.

So lets get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So heres how it will work.
    On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompts results, youre finished. Dont change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

Its fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. Its more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself and Vicki of Dana of Danas Footprint Designs & Darlene of Studio 4 Designworks.

So to recap heres the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once youve posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, its fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery*HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrapping 7 Challenge!
    Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done Sweet and Salty*It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!
    So swing on by and join the fun . Well see you there!

PROMPT 1*
    Friday, August 1st
    Zip 1 has eight papers. Choose one as your background, and using the other 7 make one piece *of any shape, using each paper only once. These will need to be grouped together as we will be adding 3 photographs.
    DOWNLOAD

More...

PROMPT 2.
    Zip 2 has a splatter, black string, and a stitching. Use each once, the stitching must touch 6 of the 8 papers shapes somewhere.

DOWNLOAD

Be sure and post your LO in all the right places . . .

THERE IS A FRAME IN THE PROMPT 2 FOLDER BY MISTAKE...JUST SAVE IT FOR PROMPT 4 ... SORRY ABOUT THAT!

PROMPT 3
    Zip 3 has 2 frames, 2 ribbons and a bird. Only using 1 frame, 1 ribbon and the bird each once. Add 3 pictures at this point.
    DOWNLOAD

PROMPT 4
    Zip 4 has a butterfly, flower with a stem, leaves, bag of chips, ice cream cone and a glass of orange juice. Pick one of the foods and use it only once, the leaves no more than 4 times and the flower with stem only once.

DOWNLOAD

PROMPT 5

Is everybody ready for prompt 5? I hope so cause it is going to be pretty simple ....
    Zip 5 has 2 flowers and a large leaf. You may use these as many times as you like. At this point you can add a title, journaling, date, whatever works for your LO or nothing at all. Besure to post back here and in all the galleries so all to see!

DOWNLOAD

PROMPT 6

We are at the end of the scrap, and I hope each of you enjoyed all the craziness as much as I didn't. Thank you for being such good sports and forgiving this ole lady!

Zip 6 has a pink and orange flower, a cookie, peanuts and a tag. Use each of these one time. Write something on the tag. Once again please post here and in all the galleries for all to see how much fun we had!

DOWNLOAD
    Last edited by gingerscraps; 08-17-2014 at 09:30 AM.

2. That kit looks delicious I'll be back later with Prompt #1...

I CT for Happy Scrap Arts, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS, Scrappiness Designs & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2

3. Prompt 1

Got sick of looking at myself! Besides I am much better!

Prompt 1
    Name:  Prompt 1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  233.0 KB

it will be tomorrow before I get prompt 2 up..
    Last edited by gingerscraps; 08-14-2014 at 09:04 AM.

Here is my prompt 1.

Name:  GDS_Aug_progr_p_1.jpg
Size:  171.5 KB

Love

Helga

http://www.meineherzensdinge.npage.de
    http://pinterest.com/HBlackthorne/
    Breath away.

Prompt 1:

Name:  Prompt.jpg
Size:  76.1 KB

7. Well at least I don't have to break the rules this month with the number of photos. :)

Hmmm......got to think on this one. 3 photos, with this color scheme, I could be in trouble already, LOL.

9. Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    Hmmm......got to think on this one. 3 photos, with this color scheme, I could be in trouble already, LOL.
    You could always do some selective coloring or using b/w or a sepia.

You were reading my thoughts LilyAnn, lol.

Here is Step 1
    Name:  gds_aug14_prog_scrap_step1.jpg
Size:  124.2 KB