shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: June Progressive Scrap Hes My Dad

1. June Progressive Scrap Hes My Dad

JUNE 2014 PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge
    Welcome to the JUNE Progressive Challenge.
    Darlene here, of Studio4 Designworks, and after a little hiatus from the challenge – I’M BACK – I will be your host this month.

The other contributors and hosts you know well, Ginger of Ginger of Gingers Scraps N Pixels & Vicki of Dana’s Footprint Digital Design.
    So let’s get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here’s how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.
    The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)
    At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!
    It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!
    I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself and Vicki of Dana of Dana’s Footprint Designs & Ginger of Ginger’s Scraps ’N Pixels.

——————————————————————————
    So to recap – here’s the order:
    1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.
    2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.
    3. Once you’ve posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.
    4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.
    5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due – this will be every three days.
    6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.
    7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!
    8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.
    9. This challenge counts towards the Scrapping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done – HE’S MY DAD. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!

PROMPT 1 – Sunday, June 1st

Zip one has seven papers in it. Choose one as your background. Chose another to place over it. You may reduce the size and rotate it if you like. Take a third paper and reduce the size of it so it’s smaller than the first two and place it on top. Now I want you to take another paper and crop it to about 1/3 the size of the original paper size (it doesn’t have to be exact and can be a bit smaller). You can make it a rectangle (horizontal or vertical) and place it either vertically or horizontally. But choose well as you’ll be placing ellies all around this. This is going to be a paper that will contain some journaling in a later prompt, so keep that in mind – you must leave room for some text.
    Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we’re all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 1 by Wednesday, June 4th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 2 – Wednesday, June 4th
    Zip two has five elements in it. There is a leaf, string, flower and two frames. Chose one of the frames and place it anywhere on your page. Keep in mind your journaling you will be doing later will refer to your photo. Place the leaf and you must use it a minimum of 3 times and a maximum of 6 times. Now place the string once and the yellow flower a minimum of 3 times and maximum of 5 times.
    Post your second prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we’re all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 2 by Saturday, June 7th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 3 – Saturday, June 7th
    Zip three has four elements in it. There is a blue leaf, leafy branch, yellow fabric flower and a camera. Place the camera once on your page. Place the leafy branch a minimum of 2 times and a maximum of 4 times. Now place the blue leaf a maximum of 5 times and the yellow fabric flower a minimum of 3 times and maximum of 5 times.

Post your second prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we’re all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 2 by Wednesday, June 11th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 4 – Wednesday, June 11th
    Zip four has four elements in it. There is a string, old watch, album cover and a journal card. Place each item once on your page. That's an easy prompt now isn't it? Now is the time to grab a photo for your page. Add that to your layout as well. I leave the subject of the photo up to you, but I think you know where most will be going with this one!

Post your fourth prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we’re all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 4 by Saturday, June 11th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 5 – Saturday, June 14th
    Zip five has three elements in it. There is a pipe, bow and a wooden element. Place the wooden element and pipe once on your page. Place the bow up to 2 times.This is a quick and easy one - and we're almost there everyone! The final prompt I'll post on Tuesday.

Have your layout posted for Prompt 2 by Tuesday, June 17th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 6 (Final) – Tuesday, June 17th
    This is it everyone - the last download for this month's progressive scrap. The 6th and final file contains a hat, flower and tag. Place the hat and tag once. Date your photo on the tag. You may use the last flower up to 5 times. The final touch for your page is to add a little journal story about your photo. It can be a story, poem or verse, but it should be at least a few lines long. This goes on the paper that I stated in the first prompt that we would be adding journaling to. I put a white box and lowered the opacity to make it a little see through so you could see the text better. Depending on the paper that you chose, you may want to do the same thing. Add any shadowing if you want and if you haven't done so as you went along

Post your final layout in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what your final product is! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    You have until Sunday, June 22nd, 4pm CST to post your final page.

Last edited by Darlene Currie; 06-28-2014 at 06:18 PM.

Here is my Prompt #1.

Name:  Studio4 He's My Dad June Progressive_600.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  178.6 KB

I can't wait!! Here's mine:

Name:  JuneProgressive.jpg
Size:  808.7 KB
    http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab112/mommadorian1/SpringSignature_zps6f99dcbf.jpg

Wow Dorian - you were quick! Congrats on getting the ball rolling . . .

Lovely kit you ladies have created here!
    I'll be back soon with my first step.

Darlene's back so I'd better behave and lovely to see you...I'll be back...I'm not quick like the rest gggg

Proudly creating for Dana's Footprint Digital Design, Ginger's Scraps N Pixels & Couric Designs

Hi,

Here is my first step
    Step one

Name:  June_step_one_low.jpg
Size:  110.6 KB

Step two

Name:  June_step_two.jpg
Size:  105.8 KB

Step three

Name:  June_step_three.jpg
Size:  106.1 KB
    Last edited by emeraldsong; 06-08-2014 at 05:02 PM.

wife, mother of 2 children and three cats

Yeah - I'm so happy for the quick responses already!

Denise - have you been misbehaving while I was absent? Tch Tch! Now that I can't imagine - LOL!