shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: June Color challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by bekfek View Post
    Oh, sorry, Dorian! What program do you have??? I do know that recoloring white or black elements can be tricky, so you should try with another colored item and see if you can figure it out.
    I'm using PSE8. I figured out how to change the color, but couldn't move the element around after I changed it. Plus, the new color was much lighter than what I was looking for.
    http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab112/mommadorian1/SpringSignature_zps6f99dcbf.jpg

Dorian, if you use PS or PSE, just add a colour overlay then change the blend modes till you get the colour you want. Or clipping a paper to it is also another way..

Quote Originally Posted by mommadorian View Post
    I'm using PSE8. I figured out how to change the color, but couldn't move the element around after I changed it. Plus, the new color was much lighter than what I was looking for.
    I'm not sure what happened with the moving issue, but that recoloring issue happens to me all the time. I just go darker on my adjustment color than I want, then I usually end up with what I want. Or, I duplicate the color layer and play with blends ... like I'll multiply, then reduce the opacity until it's what I want. Sometimes though, just duplicating the layer does the trick.

When that happens that you can't move something I save it in a tiff or psd then re open it and it normally will work then.
    As for the recolouring sometimes adding a soft light or overlay layer to the layers helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by hivart View Post
    Wow this is gorgeous, Vicki!
    I love the stamps under the photo!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks Cath, the stamps are pretty aren't they!!

How do I get it in the same color family as other items on my page? I'm trying to get something that matches.

Do I recolor it before or after I add it to my lo?
    http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab112/mommadorian1/SpringSignature_zps6f99dcbf.jpg

Hi Cath,
    I never realized how hard it is to scrap with and leave a white b/g. I really wanted to add some color to it :)
    Movie Time by Crescent Moon Designs.

I am very impressed with the other LOs that have been posted - they are fabulous LOs !!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Dorian and Renée!
    I love both pages!
    Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by mommadorian View Post
    How do I get it in the same color family as other items on my page? I'm trying to get something that matches.

Do I recolor it before or after I add it to my lo?
    I'm clearly not the expert! But I just use my color picker tool (is that even what it's called?) to choose a color I want to match. And I do it right on my LO usually, but I've also done it in its own file, too. Just depends of mood, I guess hahaha

Bekki, you are a super helper!

I too have done it both ways. I would say it depends on whether you would like to save that for future use, but even that can be done from within your layout.

Dorian, did you goggle recoloring in PSE8? I found several great video tutorials that were good on You Tube.