shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: May progressive scrap Sounds of Spring

1. May progressive scrap Sounds of Spring

SOUNDS OF SPRING 2014 PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the April Progressive Challenge. I am Ginger of Ginger's Scraps N Pixels, I will be your host this month .

So let's get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself -Ginger of Ginger’s Scraps ’N Pixels and Vicki of of Dana's Footprint Designs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So to recap - here's the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.
    7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrapping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!

Sounds of Spring

Name:  GSNP_SOS_ProgressiveScrap_Prev.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  536.0 KB

PROMPT 1.
    Zip one has eight papers in it. Choose one as your background, 1 using it twice but in 2 separate pieces and 1 anyway you like as long as the three papers are stacked together and you can see all 3 layers.
    PROMPT 1

Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Please leave some love on each others layouts as it always nice to see some comments.
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 1 by Sunday, May 4th, 4pm CST.

PROMPT 2.
    Prompt 2
    Zip 2 has 2 frames, a stamp, a leaf cluster, string and a ribbon. Chose a frame and place it where it touches all three layers, you may angle it and you can add your photos/or photos at this point. Then place the stamp somewhere on you page, using it only once. Add the birdhouse once where it touches the frame. The leaf cluster you can use twice . A string or a ribbon you may use only one and it must touch the frame somewhere.

Prompt 3
    Prompt 3

Zip 3 has 3 birds, a nest and a bunch of flowers with a shamrock. Using one of the birds place it where it is touching the frame and the string. Then place the bird’s nest somewhere on the string.

PROMPT 4
    Prompt 4
    Zip 4 has a bow, 4 flowers, a leaf cluster. Use the pink crochet flower twice, the bow once, leaves 1 once, green and blue crochet flower as many times as you like and the blue flower twice placing them where ever you choose.

Prompt 5
    Prompt 5
    Zip 5 has a piece of tape, a bird paper clip, a string with a rose, a journal card and 2 vintage cards. Use the tape once, the bird paperclip and the string with a rose only once and place the paperclip on the 1 of the vintage card, the tape where ever you like. The string with a rose place once on the leaf with 2 large size and 2 small size.

PROMPT 6
    Prompt 6

Zip 6 has a pink flower, burlap flower, pink flower with stem and a leaves add the leaves and the pink flower with steam touching the birdhouse but only using once each. The rest of the flowers may be used as many times as you like.

Links have been removed, anyone needing the last prompt just PM me.

Last edited by vicki23; 05-28-2014 at 08:41 PM.

Link goes to "This webpage is not available." Will try later.

3. Got the link fixed...with iNSD so much going on!

4. Here is my first prompt...Name:  prompt 1.jpg
Size:  214.4 KB

Yes! Another month, a new Progressive Scrap. Love it!
    Here is my step 1:
    Name:  progressive-step12.jpg
Size:  243.0 KB
    creative greetings,

Thanks! gorgeous kit!! Can't wait to get it all. Working on my week 1 now. Feels so good to be back scrapping after a month off. Will be tight this month but I will make it work. Missed it too much last month. :)

7. What a beautiful kit! I can't wait.
    See you!

Quote Originally Posted by LMorris72399 View Post
    Thanks! gorgeous kit!! Can't wait to get it all. Working on my week 1 now. Feels so good to be back scrapping after a month off. Will be tight this month but I will make it work. Missed it too much last month. :)
    I'm so happy to see you back, Linda!
    we missed you!

This kit is gorgeous....will I do horizontal????....no I get too mixed up..LOL....or maybe I will!!!!...watch this space for something!!!! Thanks Ginger and Vicki.
    Last edited by hy ellen; 05-01-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Proudly creating for Dana's Footprint Digital Design, Ginger's Scraps N Pixels & Couric Designs

Here's my week 1 layout. I cut the striped paper into two pieces but I didn't like the way it looked with them not touching; so I mitered the corners and stuck them together! :)

Name:  GDS_May_Progressive_wk1.jpg
Size:  119.2 KB