shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: February Spiritual Challenge

February Spiritual Challenge

I have not run this challenge in a very long time but decided to bring it back for a short time.

For this challenge, I have chosen the following bible verse for inspiration:

1 Peter 5:7:
    "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

I love this scripture. It helps me remember I'm not along out here and it's so easy to feel alone! I will be back later with my layout. The bonus for this challenge will be a piece of this month's posting bonus collab "You Brighten My Day".

Here are the guidelines for this challenge:
    (1) Create a layout based on the featured bible verse.
    (2) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (3) Please post your layout in the Spiritual Challenges gallery HERE.
    (4) Post the layout here in this thread and a link to it in the gallery so we can leave you some love.
    (5) HAVE FUN!

This challenge will run through Feb. 28.

Here is the posting bonus you will receive for participating:
    Name:  andreagold_ybmyday_mini04_prev.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  144.9 KB
    Last edited by Andrea; 02-11-2014 at 12:43 PM.

That's one of my favorites too, Andrea. Will be back with a layout.

Beautiful scripture Andrea!

4. I love that Bible verse too - thanks for bringing back this wonderful challenge

I CT for Happy Scrap Arts, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS, Scrappiness Designs & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2

Name:  February Spiritual challenge.jpg
Size:  364.3 KB

I think this might be a little too pink!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...llenge&cat=526

When I first signed on to this challenge I chose a Scripture that I thought I would use. This morning at church the sermon was based on Philippians 4:7. I suddenly realized that was the Scripture I needed to use because at the darkest time in my life that Scripture kept me from drowning in my sorrow. The peace I felt was without a doubt beyond my understanding. I've found it to be true over and over again in my life. How could I use any other? Here is my layout - a tribute to my precious son.

Name:  GDS_Spiritual_Challenge.jpg
Size:  131.0 KB

No, Angela...it looks great to me! I love the colors and the Scripture!

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaK View Post
    Name:  February Spiritual challenge.jpg
Size:  364.3 KB

I think this might be a little too pink!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...llenge&cat=526

8. [QUOTE=LMorris72399;289405]When I first signed on to this challenge I chose a Scripture that I thought I would use. This morning at church the sermon was based on Philippians 4:7. I suddenly realized that was the Scripture I needed to use because at the darkest time in my life that Scripture kept me from drowning in my sorrow. The peace I felt was without a doubt beyond my understanding. I've found it to be true over and over again in my life. How could I use any other? - a tribute to my precious son.

What a lovely verse & wonderful photo of your son - he was handsome - Was he a Sheriff ?? Was he killed in the line of duty ?? :( Sorry, just curious...

I CT for Happy Scrap Arts, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS, Scrappiness Designs & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2

Don't apologize...I don't mind questions. Thank you, I think he was very handsome too. :) He was a Deputy Sheriff for Dallas Co., but he died from complications of Hodgkin's Disease. After heavy radiation his lungs were damaged and several bouts of chemo left his immune system severely compromised. He developed the kind of pneumonia that AIDS patients get...his lungs couldn't fight the infection. He was 26 and left a 2 year old baby - my pride and joy. :)

[QUOTE=jem_scrapper;289417]
    Quote Originally Posted by LMorris72399 View Post
    When I first signed on to this challenge I chose a Scripture that I thought I would use. This morning at church the sermon was based on Philippians 4:7. I suddenly realized that was the Scripture I needed to use because at the darkest time in my life that Scripture kept me from drowning in my sorrow. The peace I felt was without a doubt beyond my understanding. I've found it to be true over and over again in my life. How could I use any other? - a tribute to my precious son.

What a lovely verse & wonderful photo of your son - he was handsome - Was he a Sheriff ?? Was he killed in the line of duty ?? :( Sorry, just curious...

I missed seeing this challenge earlier in the month. I will be back later today, hopefully with a page.