February 2014 PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge
Welcome to the February Progressive Challenge. We have a Guest co host this month as Darlene has a few things keeping her busy, but should be back next month.
Hosted by myself, Vicki of Dana's Footprint Digital Design & Ginger of Gingers Scraps N Pixels
So let's get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.
On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.
The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a promptís results, youíre finished. Donít change your work for that particular prompt.)
At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!
Itís fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. Itís more fun that way!
I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself - Darlene (Studio4 Designworks) and Dana of Dana's Footprint Designs.
So to recap - here's the order:
1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.
2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.
3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.
4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, itís fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.
5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.
6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.
7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!
8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.
9. This challenge counts towards the Scrappping 7 Challenge!
Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!
YOU BRIGHTEN MY DAY
OKAY - HERE WE GO!
Sunday, February 2nd:
Zip one has eight papers in it. Choose one as you background one then make three circles using 3 of the remaining paper. Place your circles where ever you choose on your page.
Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
Have your layout posted for Prompt 1 by Wednesday, Feb. 5th, 4pm ADST
Prompt 2 will be posted Wednesday evening, Feb 5th
Wednesday Feb 5th:
Zip 2 has 2 frames, and a stamp in it, chose a frame and place on at least one of your circles, you may angle it. Then place the stamp somewhere on you page, you may use it up to 3 times if you choose. You may add your photo/photos.
Have your layout posted for Prompt 2 by Saturday, Feb. 8th, 4pm ADST[/SIZE]
Prompt 3 will be posted Saturday evening, Feb 8th
Saturday Feb 8th:
Zip 3 has a card, stitching, tag and an arrow. Place the card, tag and arrow where ever you choose, then place the stitching somewhere on the frame, attaching it down to the paper. You may use it more than once if you choose.
Have your layout posted for Prompt 3 by Tuesday, Feb. 11th, 4pm ADST
Prompt 4 will be posted Tuesday evening, Feb 11th
Tuesday Feb 11th:
Zip 4 has 2 flowers, a leaf and string/ribbon. Use the layered sunflower & leaves up to 3 times, the layered flower once and the string/ribbon once, placing them where ever you choose.
Have your layout posted for Prompt 4 by Saturday, Feb. 16th, 4pm ADST
Prompt 5 will be posted Saturday evening, Feb 16th
Saturday Feb 16th:
Zip 5 has a piece of greenery with a string, a ribbon, blue flower & a yellow flower. Use the greenery once, the blue flower up to 3 times, the ribbon once, the yellow flower can be used twice.
Have your layout posted for Prompt 5 by Tuesday, Feb. 19th, 4pm ADST
Prompt 5 will be posted Tuesday evening, Feb 19th
Tuesday Feb 18th:
Zip 6 has a Smilie flair, a button, a banner & a birdie. Place the Smilie, button and birdie where ever you like you may use the button more that once if you wish. Place the banner some where across the top half of you page. Add a title and journaling if you wish.Download HERE
Have your layout posted for Prompt 6 by Friday, Feb. 22nd, 4pm ADST