shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: February Font Challenge

February Font Challenge

Welcome to the February Font Challenge! This month I am going to do something a little different. Back in November I had you try font pairing with any fonts of your choice. This month, you will once again get to choose your own font(s), but I want you to follow some general font "rules" from Joust Multimedia. (Click on the image to view full size.)

You can choose which rule you want to follow whether it be combining a serif font with a sans serif font, creating contrast, staying in the same font family, or using complimentary moods and styles.

Everyone who participates in the challenge will receive this portion of "You Brighten My Day":

The rules for the challenge :
    (1) Your layout must be unique, and can only be used for this challenge.
    (2) Your layout also counts as one entry towards the February Scrappin' 7 Challenge.
    (3) Use of GDS products is strongly encouraged and greatly appreciated.
    (4) Please post your layout in the Font Challenge Gallery
    (5) Post the layout here in this thread and a link to it in the gallery so we can leave you some love.
    (6) HAVE FUN!

Please be sure to credit the designer's kit/s when you post to the gallery. Please follow the terms of use for the font used in this challenge.

Layouts are due by midnight on February 28 in order to receive the prize!
    Last edited by Seoul2SoulScraps; 01-29-2014 at 07:33 AM.

Super idea - these are some great tips. Thanks for that link. Looking forward to digging through my font 'stash'!! Will post back later.

Beautiful Layout, Cathy! I love your use of paper strips and the colors of the kit you choose work perfectly with your photo! Great fonts as well. This is a wonderful layout!

5. Here is my font challenge layout.

What a beautiful sunset!

Here is my LO. I used Cheap Fire and Janda Celebration Script.
    Kit is Vintage Valentine by Ginger's Scraps 'n Pixels

Here is mine

gallery

Name:  Tabealerntskatenklein1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  166.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Laudi; 02-09-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Great job on the challenge ladies!

10. Hi..this is my first challenge here and here is my LO, i hope it follows the rule..

Kana-FebFontChallenge