shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: January Progressive Challenge

Okay, here is my final layout! This was entertaining to try. Thank you!

Name:  TheManTheMystery.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  196.1 KB

Actually I use drop shadows regularly, but didn't make them very big on this layout. Probably should have increased the shadows for more effect. I guess I was getting tired and just wanted to get it done before time ran out! :) I use PaintShop Pro X6.

I do like this mini and plan to use it to create more pages for my family history. I like to use one kit for a family, or in this case for a generation, then another kit for another family. I try to keep them in the vintage flavor because that fits so well with the old photos and documents.

Looking forward to the next progressive!! Love these challenges and you do such a great job of hosting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Currie View Post
    That's the thing with a progressive isn't it Linda - you don't really know what's around the corner. Those are great old photos you have placed! Now you have a cute little mini to scrap what you want. If I might suggest, I think when there are a lot of ellies, or patterns, using drop shadows help to give the page a bit of a lift. Are you familiar with drop shadows? What program do you use?

Darlene and Vicki thank you so much for hosting this challenge - my favorite one :)and for providing us with this amazing mini kit. I love it! (and I am working overtime to complete the other challenges to get the rest of the pieces - this is such a great theme and color palette)
    Here is my final page: Maternal Grandparents

Darlene I know you were going through a sad time of loss this month, I hope you are feeling better and finding joy in the memories of your dear cousin.

I just saw this and was excited because I could do it today and not miss out, but the links are disabled. Can I use a different kit and follow the steps?

created using You Are My Sunshine by LyllahRaven Designs
    mom to 5 boys, married 19 years to one patient man

I donīt know if I am good in supporting people but at least I try
    to give them comfort.
    Thanks so much, Darlene - Yes, this are the Andrew Sis. I love
    the music of Glen Miller and them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Currie View Post
    Yes Helga - I totally agree, it's gone crazy. We sound like a support group don't we! Well, perhaps we are. It is good to talk about and release these kinds of things.

I love your pages and I especially love that pic of the military women! Is that the Andrew Sisters? Regardless - fabulous pages!

Love

Helga

http://www.meineherzensdinge.npage.de
    http://pinterest.com/HBlackthorne/
    Breath away.

How true. great layout once more.
    I do envy you all very much for the photos of your
    ancestors. There is one of Grandpa and Grandma on
    Fathers side I know but they are in some album in
    Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin View Post
    This is my page! Thanks for hosting and for the beautiful kit.

Attachment 5925

Love

Helga

http://www.meineherzensdinge.npage.de
    http://pinterest.com/HBlackthorne/
    Breath away.

7. I thought I would have time today to look through my photo boxes to find a picture of my grandfather to complete this layout but time got away from me. Here is the completed layout minus one picture. As soon as I find the picture and scan it into my computer I will update the LO!
    Thanks for a fun challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorne View Post
    How true. great layout once more.
    I do envy you all very much for the photos of your
    ancestors. There is one of Grandpa and Grandma on
    Fathers side I know but they are in some album in
    Austria.
    Thanks Helga! I have a lot of photos here at my home, as both my parents are gone now and I took care of the photos. I think it's important to remember your heritage, as it makes you who you are.

Name:  final-prompt_edited-1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  119.1 KB My final prompt. The photo is my great grand father.

10. Great finals everyone, photos 'n journaling

Here's mine ~ GDS_GQ_6_FINAL ~ "Wavy Davy" ~ http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...-final&cat=708

[img]

I CT for Happy Scrap Arts, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS, Scrappiness Designs & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2