shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: January Progressive Challenge

January Progressive Challenge

January 2014 PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the first Progressive Challenge for 2014!
    hosted by myself, Darlene of Studio4 Designworks
    and Vicki of Dana's Footprint Designs.

I hope Santa was good to you all and I wish nothing but the very best for the upcoming year - for you and your families!

The holidays were truly up and down for me as I had 2 friends and one cousin discover that they have cancer. The last one I heard of was just yesterday and I just didn't have the heart to even turn my computer on after that. Two are terminal, and my one friend who had surgery a few days ago, is still awaiting the verdict on how progressive her cancer is. This adds to the friend of mine who is now in hospice and an Aunt who is also near the end, so that's 5 this year. What is going on I ask myself?! So sad, but I can only send happy positive thoughts and prayers to them all and hope it's some form of solace.

So let's get to the task at hand and have some fun! The object of the Progressive is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a prompt’s results, you’re finished. Don’t change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

It’s fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. It’s more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself - Darlene (Studio4 Designworks) and Dana of Dana's Footprint Designs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So to recap - here's the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, it’s fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrappping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!

GQ

OKAY - HERE WE GO!

Thursday, January 2nd:

PROMPT 1:

Download the first zip file and pick out 3 papers.
    HERE.

Select one paper as your background. Choose 2 more papers and layer them on the background. Reduce them down in size a bit, and if you like, you can angle them in any direction.

Keep in mind some of the other papers for a future step, we will be adding more papers. They can be the same as what you choose now, or they can be different. You will want them to coordinate as we move along.

Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 1 to the by Sunday, Jan. 5th, 4pm EST

Prompt 2 will be posted Sunday evening, Jan. 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Sunday, January 5th:

PROMPT 2:

Download the second zip
    HERE

In this folder you will find 2 frames, an old picture and newspaper element. Before you place these ellies, I'd like you to create a few shapes. They can be square, rectangle, circle, star, or whatever and then clip papers to them. You already have all the papers from Prompt 1. I want a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 clipped shapes. Stack/layer them together, arranging them however you like. This will be the main origin for placing our images and ellies.

Now pick out a frame(s). I would like 2, so you can either duplicate one of them or use both. Place them on top of your layered papers, staggering them as you wish. Place the other 2 ellies where you like.

Post your first prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 2 to the gallery by Wednesday, Jan. 8th, 4pm EST

Prompt 3 will be posted Wednesday evening, Jan. 8th

Wednesday, January 8th:

PROMPT 3:

Download the third zip HERE.

In this folder you will find a feather, fern, playing card and chest element. This prompt will be pretty easy. Place the fern somewhere behind your shapes that you've created. The card, feather and chest can be placed anywhere you like. You may use these elements only one time, but you can re-size them to suit your page.

Have your layout posted for Prompt 3 to the gallery by Saturday, Jan. 11th, 4pm EST

Prompt 4 will be posted Saturday evening, Jan. 11th

(I may be a little late posting this prompt, as I curl Saturday evenings, so it may be late for some of you on the east coast - just a heads up!)

Saturday, January 11th:

PROMPT 4:

Download the fourth zip HERE.

In this folder you will find a grain ellie, leaf, flower and watch. Place the leaf ellie anywhere you like behind the frames. You can use it once or twice. The grain can be placed anywhere you like. The flower can be used up to four times, but a minimum of two. Place the watch once - also anywhere you like. You may re-size any of the ellies to suit your page.

Post your fourth prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 4 to the gallery by Tuesday, Jan. 14th, 4pm EST

Prompt 5 will be posted Wednesday evening, Jan. 15th

(I am posting this prompt a day early as I'll be heading to Seattle for my cousins funeral early Friday morning. I will be gone for a couple of days, so please excuse me if I'm not hear to cheer you on. I will as soon as I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it is only 4 ellies right?)

Wednesday, January 15th:

PROMPT 5:
    WELL, I MESSED THIS ONE UP! I posted I would have Prompt 5 on Thursday and that was just wrong! As it turns out, I'm posting Prompt 5 tonight and that gives you 3 days to do it. I'm leaving for Seattle first thing Friday morning, and I should be home Saturday night and I will post the final prompt then. Sorry for the confusion - it confused me too! It's a good thing this is a slow scrap!

Download the fifth zip HERE.

In this folder you will find a ribbon, string and 2 flowers. Place the ribbon and string ellies anywhere you like. You can use them only once. The flowers can be used 3 times for the first flower of your choice and for the second flower (again your choice) anywhere from one to four times. You may re-size any of the ellies to suit your page.

As you have noticed, we still haven't placed any images. I'm leaving this for the final prompt - just to keep you guessing!

Post your fifth prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt 5 to the gallery by Saturday, Jan. 18th, 4pm EST

Prompt 6 will be posted Saturday evening, Jan. 18th

Tuesday, January 21st:

PROMPT 6 (FINAL):

Finally we are back up and running! I hope you didn't go through a painful withdrawal!

So let's get to the final prompt for our January Progressive. Download the final zip HERE.

In this folder you will find a steampunk watch, bow, button, horse pin and cufflink. Place the cufflink, horse pin, steampunk watch anywhere you like. You can use them only once. The bow and button can be used up to 2 times, but once is fine. You may re-size any of the ellies to suit your page.

And now it's time to place our images. I want you to find two old images that mean something to you. I'd like you to put a caption for each photo on the page. It can be done in the form of a journaling paragraph and can be placed where you chose. Add a header if you like, but not required for the final prompt if you don't want to use one.

Post your sixth and final prompt in the GALLERY and then back here so we can all see your final masterpiece!

Have your layout posted for the final Prompt 6 to the gallery by Friday, Jan. 24th, 4pm EST
    Last edited by vicki23; 02-01-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Here is my layout for Prompt #1.

Name:  GQ_Progressive_Prompt-1_600.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  112.0 KB

yah I'm first in and will be back with prompt 1 and thankyou for another great kit for us to work with.

So sad to hear about all those people around you with cancer... I will add my positive thoughts with yours!

Here is my first prompt:

creative greetings,

So sorry to hear of all that sadness Darlene, I will add my positive thoughts and prayers also.
    Off to do mine, I will be back!

Here's mine.

Name:  JanProgressiveScrap.jpg
Size:  166.2 KB
    Last edited by vicki23; 01-03-2014 at 12:21 AM.

6. Great starts ladies :) Lovely kit (I'm sure it will be, but I can't see the preview) What does GQ mean ?

So sorry indeed to hear about your friends and relatives Darlene with Cancer - *HUGS & PRAYERS* heading your way & to those in need

Here's Prompt 1 (hope it fits) ~ GDS_GQ_1 ~ http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...s-gq-1&cat=708

I CT for Happy Scrap Arts, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS, Scrappiness Designs & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2

Quote Originally Posted by jem_scrapper View Post
    Great starts ladies :) Lovely kit (I'm sure it will be, but I can't see the preview) What does GQ mean ?

So sorry indeed to hear about your friends and relatives Darlene with Cancer - *HUGS & PRAYERS* heading your way & to those in need

Here's Prompt 1 (hope it fits) ~ GDS_GQ_1 ~ http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...s-gq-1&cat=708

Jemima, I can see the preview... and GQ is short for Gentleman's Quarterly a mens fashion magazine....been around for years!

Thank you for answering that Vicki! Jem - can you still not see the preview? It is there.

My thoughts and prayers with you Darlene. Here is my prompt one and I hope I have chosen the 'right' photo for the GQ minikit....we'll see what tricks Darlene has up her sleeve.1 link to gallery
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...essive&cat=708

This is always so much fun - I have to try to not get behind this month.....

Name:  JanProgressive2014.jpg
Size:  116.6 KB

step 2:

Name:  JanProgressive22014.jpg
Size:  130.6 KB

Step 3:

Name:  JanProgressive32014.jpg
Size:  136.6 KB

Step 4: so far I'm keeping up.....
    Name:  JanProgressive42014.jpg
Size:  141.9 KB
    Last edited by lindzy; 01-13-2014 at 09:21 AM.