shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To all designers!

Angry To all designers!

There is a site (or maybe 3) that brings out scrapkits, mostly freebies and blogtrain stuff, but also 'normal' kits for downloading.

Ofcourse without permission!
    This person doesn't sell the kits, but he is selling time to download

This midday at 12:00 the DigiBlogtrainList put a collab on and at 19:00 it was allready on that site!
    [we know the one link removed]
    One of the members of the blogtrainlist found out what the host is: godaddy.com

If you see your scrapkits on this site, you can send an email to: Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
    include the website name:and what the issue is, if you can include links to your kits that are on there.

Or phone:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505

Please send this to other groups, stores and who ever you can think of.
    The more mails this godaddy gets, the more change is there to get this site out of the air!
    Last edited by Art for Scrapbooking; 12-08-2013 at 09:39 PM. Reason: link removed as pirate site
    creative greetings,

Thank you Els, I sent a DMCA notice to the site, but have not heard anything and my kit is still there. I have just emailed GoDaddy so will see what response this one gets.
    Last edited by vicki23; 12-08-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Thanks for this update Els! We have been watch this site because they did this two weeks ago or so too! It's so frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    There is a site (or maybe 3) that brings out scrapkits, mostly freebies and blogtrain stuff, but also 'normal' kits for downloading.

Ofcourse without permission!
    This person doesn't sell the kits, but he is selling time to download

This midday at 12:00 the DigiBlogtrainList put a collab on and at 19:00 it was allready on that site!
    www.gfxtra.com/scrap

One of the members of the blogtrainlist found out what the host is: godaddy.com

If you see your scrapkits on this site, you can send an email to: Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
    include the website name: www.gfxtra.com and what the issue is, if you can include links to your kits that are on there.

Or phone:
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505

Please send this to other groups, stores and who ever you can think of.
    The more mails this godaddy gets, the more change is there to get this site out of the air!

It's the same site and nothing has been done. I emailed them two weeks ago and nothing...I hope that the host does something as this is just so wrong!

5. That site is a nightmare, whoever is running it needs a mass law suit from not only the digi designers but across the whole board of items they are offering for free.
    From memory this is the same name of a site that was doing this quite a few years ago as well.
    You cant even bombard their facebook page with messages as they have it set to no comments.
    What the digi world needs is to all get together and hire one lawyer to sue the pants of these people.
    I do know this can be done, as one of the artists on another site, whose art work is amazing was having his work consistently stolen and used by companies on their packaging ect. He had the advantage of going through the process of becoming a lawyer, but he was successfully taking some to court and also having them remove his work and compensating him for it.
    Its really sad and annoying to see people doing this thats for sure.

6. Well the scrap pages seems to be gone - or at least they are for me

7. No its still there, that link isn't working. If you look to the left hand side and click scraps, you find it.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Maree View Post
    No its still there, that link isn't working. If you look to the left hand side and click scraps, you find it.
    Oh rats lol I have passed that info on to lots other designers effected as contacting godaddy is a great idea. I hope no one minds but I am removing the link to the site as effected people know it and no need to spread a pirate site around more. If you need it message me.

9. Yeah I would curb how much that link gets shared, as people will go and download.

I agree Sharon.

The idea of get together and hire one lawyer is good.
    On the site of godaddy you can see who is behind this, name and adress. (Turkey)

So it must be possible to get him!
    creative greetings,