shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Just a question...New Kit

1. Just a question...New Kit

I'm having this question going on in my FB, but thought of posting it here too.

Phew, we have made it to the middle of the week! Before we launch a lovely new kit tomorrow, here's a little teaser question.

Do you have an angel in your life? Do take a moment to appreciate them now, and share your story with us here!
    Hugs

My Angel is my Mom. She was an amazing woman, and was loved by everyone she met. She always had a smile and a generous heart.
    She is always watching over us now! It has been 1 1/2 years since she left but some days the heart ache is still as strong!
    Thanksgiving week is going to be a lot of tears along with laughter, as we are packing up the home she lived in with my Sister. My sister sold the home today and will be moving to South Carolina to live with my daughter and her family.
    We know Mom is smiling, as this was her request, to have my sister be with family.
    Even now, she is looking out for us and seeing that everything is just like she wanted.
    I love you Mom!

3. I couldn't resist scrapping my guardian angel with thisbrand new kit, Bouquet des Anges, in the store now! My granny that passed away almost 2 years ago (4th Feb) and that I know is always looking down for me and taking care of me I love you soooooooooooooo much granny

and another one
    Last edited by Maria; 11-08-2013 at 09:10 AM.
    Hugs

4. Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    My Angel is my Mom. She was an amazing woman, and was loved by everyone she met. She always had a smile and a generous heart.
    She is always watching over us now! It has been 1 1/2 years since she left but some days the heart ache is still as strong!
    Thanksgiving week is going to be a lot of tears along with laughter, as we are packing up the home she lived in with my Sister. My sister sold the home today and will be moving to South Carolina to live with my daughter and her family.
    We know Mom is smiling, as this was her request, to have my sister be with family.
    Even now, she is looking out for us and seeing that everything is just like she wanted.
    I love you Mom!

Heart still aches so much!!! How I understand you. But it's so comforting to know they are still with us . Love your thoughts.
    Hugs

My aunt Mary was the angel in my life. She would take me for visits with her and Uncle Jimmy all during my childhood. They never had children, so I was her little one. She called me Pitty Pat after she bought me some adorable black patent shoes and I loved to run in them. She taught me how to develop 'your own unique style' and dress for the occasion. She taught me poise and confidence no matter what the occasion. In later years, I was able to return the favor as I became her care-giver during the last few years of her life. She was independent to the last - living alone after Uncle Jimmy died. But I arranged for home-aid to come in, did her shopping, and took her out for lunch and shopping when she was able. After a major stroke, her last words to me were "you are the pretty lady who loves me". She was 90 when she passed on. I miss her so much but am so thankful that she was part of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright Eyes View Post
    My aunt Mary was the angel in my life. She would take me for visits with her and Uncle Jimmy all during my childhood. They never had children, so I was her little one. She called me Pitty Pat after she bought me some adorable black patent shoes and I loved to run in them. She taught me how to develop 'your own unique style' and dress for the occasion. She taught me poise and confidence no matter what the occasion. In later years, I was able to return the favor as I became her care-giver during the last few years of her life. She was independent to the last - living alone after Uncle Jimmy died. But I arranged for home-aid to come in, did her shopping, and took her out for lunch and shopping when she was able. After a major stroke, her last words to me were "you are the pretty lady who loves me". She was 90 when she passed on. I miss her so much but am so thankful that she was part of my life.
    That is beautiful Kay. Her last words were ones you can cherish forever!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bright Eyes View Post
    Wonderful Kay, My granny passed away 4 days before her 92nd birthday. She too was completely independent til the end, she just broke her hip on the 31st jan, went to hospital for surgery, she had it on the 2nd feb, we talked to her on the phone that thursday and the next friday, she was still in Intensive care because of her age, but she was fine, ate all meals on friday, my mother told us she was very well, I talked to her around 7pm, and in the next morning she had a massive heart stroke and pulmonary embolism and didn't make it. I think that was the biggest shock for us all, we think the major risk for eldery people not resisting is while being in surgery, so we think that everything is fine if they come out from there ok... But I was really lucky to have such a special granny for 45 years. Not many people are that lucky :)
    Hugs

I've read your stories, Cathy, Kay and Maria, they are all beautiful stories!
    Of course a mother, a grandmother are our best angels and I'm exactly like you are, missing them so much! Everyday, we have images which remain from the past with the ones that we love and are gone...
    But don't you think that when love is all around, all the people we cherished are like little angels who take care of us and that's what we are for them as well?
    Don't you think that their love is like stardust which lights our life?
    I wish that all the people could have angels in their life!
    cath

9. Oh Cath, my sweet Angel, you're one of the Angels in my life, and yes of course there are angels all aroud us, every day, most of them we don't even notice, sure our loved ones, but there are others, the stranger who crosses our path in a "dark" day and smiles at us without any reason, and that smile alone can change your mood, the neighbour that knocks on your door without anouncing and for a moment forces you to forget everyhing you were doing or thinking, the little old lady that starts talking with you in the bus stop and makes you see that life is wonderful inspite of all problems, sure we are all surrounded by angels, and we can also be someone elses angels even without knowing, with a smile, a word, a slice of just baked cake we go and offer our next door neighbour, etc, etc, etc. I couldn't agree more.
    Hugs

I agree with Maria. Yes Cath, there are angels here on Earth too. We can all hope that at some point in our lives we can/will be that to someone else too!