shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: September Progressive Challenge

Hybrid View

September Progressive Challenge

September PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Welcome to the
    September Progressive Scrap Challenge
    hosted by myself, Darlene of Studio4 Designworks
    and Vicki of Dana's Footprint Designs.

The object is to complete one page over the course of three weeks by following instructions given in tasks posted each week. A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap and I know lots of you like speed scraps, but may not have the time. So here's how it will work.

On the first of each month, Prompt 1 will be posted, consisting of instructions for starting a scrapbook page that will then be built upon through additional instructions every 3 days.

The idea is to work along with the challenge as the tasks are being announced, each task to be completed & posted prior to starting on the next prompt. (Once you post a promptís results, youíre finished. Donít change your work for that particular prompt.)

At the end of the third week, you should have a completed page!

Itís fine to start late or catch up if you miss a prompt. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one. Itís more fun that way!

I will be giving you a download that consists of either papers or ellies to work with on each prompt. By the end of the Challenge, you will have a great little kit that was created by myself - Darlene (Studio4 Designworks) and Dana of Dana's Footprint Designs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So to recap - here's the order:

1. On the first day of the month we will post Prompt 1. Then, there will be a post every three days with a new prompt.

2. Add only the items listed in the prompt given. You may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. Once you've posted your layout for that particular prompt, it is done and you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous prompt layout following the new step for the next prompt.

4. We will post the prompts sequentially in the thread. If you have missed a prompt, itís fine to start late or catch up. Just be sure to complete & post each task before you look at or start the next one.

5. Post your layouts no later than midnight (EST) of the day before the next step is due - this will be every three days.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery HERE.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your creations and leave you some love!

8. In lieu of a posting bonus, by the end of the challenge, you will have yourselves a nice little kit.

9. This challenge counts towards the Scrappping 7 Challenge!

Here is the kit you will have by the time you are done. It coordinates with the lovely collab the designers have created this month along with Posting Bonuses for other challenges. You will have a lovely HUGE kit when you are done if you participate in all of the challenges!

STILL OF THE NIGHT
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Darlene Currie; 09-01-2013 at 06:37 PM.

ARE YOU ALL READY FOR YOUR FIRST PROMPT?? Here we go . . .

Sunday, September 1st:

PROMPT 1:

Download the first zip file and pick out 3 - 4 papers.
    Download HERE.

Place one as a background, one must be placed on an angle and the 3rd will be cropped - to any size you like - 1" 2" or as much as 5", and placed anywhere you like. If you choose a 4th paper you can place that anywhere as well - as a trim of another paper, an inset at a smaller percentage, or even an offset angled paper to match or complement the other angled paper.

Post your first prompt in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt One to the gallery by Wednesday, Sept. 4th, 4pm EST
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Wednesday, September 4th:

PROMPT 2:

Download the second zip file HERE.

You now need to find a photo as well. Because of the colouring of the kit, convert your photo to a greyscale. You may add a photo filter to it, such as sepia, but it must be a one colour photo. You have two frames in this stash. You must use both. You can use them twice, but one of them must have both frames grouped together. Now place your photo inside the frame/s. It does not have to be an exact fit and you can place it outside the frame if you like, but part of the photo must be touching the frame. Create a custom shape circle and clip one of your papers to it and place it behind your main photo/frame grouping. You have three other ellies in the stash, place them where you like. You may only use them once in your layout.

Post your Prompt 2 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing!
    Have your layout posted for Prompt Two to the gallery by Saturday, Sept. 7th, 4pm EST

Prompt 3 will be placed here Saturday evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm on holidays the next week and will be back next weekend. I won't have internet access for the first part of my holiday, so I won't be able to come and comment on your layouts - so please excuse me - I will catch up.

Vicki is going to give you your second prompt on Wednesday and I'll be take to take over again next weekend. Enjoy your week, I know I will! I'm hoping to get some inspiration for my next kit!

Saturday, September 7th:

PROMPT 3:

Download the third zip file HERE. You have 5 ellies in your download. A Glitter Swirl, Leaves, Lampost, Lace and Tree Branch. Place them wherever you would like. You can duplicate the leaves up to 4 times. You must use the glitter swirl 2 times.

Post your Prompt 3 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see what you've done! Have your layout posted for Prompt Three to the gallery by Tuesday, September 11th, 4pm EST

Prompt 4 will be placed here Tuesday evening.

Tuesday, September 10th:

PROMPT 4:

Download the fourth zip file HERE. In today's download, you have 4 ellies in your zip file. A Berry Branch, Flower, String with an Owl on it and a Scatter. Place your scatter - twice. You can re-size it larger or smaller. Place the flower 4 times - but it has to be touching your frame at some point. You may re-size these as well. Place your Berry Branch Twice and the Owl String once. Both may be re-sized and placed wherever you would like.

Post your Prompt 4 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see what you've done! Have your layout posted for Prompt 4 to the gallery by Friday, September 13th, 4pm EST

Prompt 5 will be placed here Friday evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday, Sept 13th:

PROMPT 5:

Download the fifth zip file HERE.
    You have 4 ellies in your download - the Mouse, Cat, Night Star and Journal Tag. Place the cat and mouse wherever you want. You can place the star up to 3 times. Place the journal tag and add some text to it to explain your image you have already placed. You can resize any of the ellies to fit your layout. I realize some of your pages may be getting busy, so understand that these ellies don't have to be placed at the size you receive them.
    Post your Prompt 5 layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what we're all doing! Have your layout posted for Prompt Five to the gallery by

Monday, Sept. 16th, 4pm EST

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Monday, Sept 16th:

PROMPT 6 (Final):

Download the fifth zip file HERE.
    You have 4 ellies in your download - a bow, flower, star and scatter. Place the bow wherever you want - up to 2 times. You can place the star and flower up to 3 times. Place the scatter once. If you would like to add a title to explain your image you can, but if you feel your page is getting busy, it's not a necessity. You can re-size any of the ellies to fit your layout.

Post your Final layout in the gallery and then back here so we can all see and enjoy what you've created! Have your layout posted for the final Prompt to the gallery by

Sunday, Sept. 22nd, 4pm EST

Last edited by Darlene Currie; 09-16-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Here is my first prompt.

...not too sure where I am going with this
    Day 1
    Love the kit we are working with - fabulous palette. Thanks Darlene and Vicki.

Holey Smokes Renee - that was lickity split quick! I'm sure that's a record - LOL!

I think it's a fabulous start!

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Currie View Post
    Holey Smokes Renee - that was lickity split quick! I'm sure that's a record - LOL!

I think it's a fabulous start!
    have to get 'er done when I can!!

This is my first challenge with GDS. Here is my prompt 1.

Last edited by vicki23; 09-04-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Added image and link to gallery

Here is my prompt 4.

Here is my prompt 5 additions.