shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas In July Holiday Recipe Exchange

1. Christmas In July Holiday Recipe Exchange

Who doesn't love a great family favorite??

Here's your chance to share YOUR family's favorite holiday recipes and build your holiday recipe stash as well!

Entrees, appetizers, side dishes, beverages, desserts, cookies.....you name it!

Here are the instructions:

1. Recipe card(s) needs to be 4"(H) x 6"(w) or 1800 px X1200 px, 300 dpi and saved as a jpg (so we can print them!)
    2. Decorate them as you please....don't forget the recipe & title!!!

(GDS products are highly recommended....AND....we have an awesome 50% OFF Christmas in July category just in case you're needed some new supplies!
    Oh.....did I mention I have some clearance Christmas kits in there for 70% OFF???)

3. Put your recipe card in a folder called yourname_GDS Holiday Recipes...zip it up and upload to your favorite file sharing program (mediafire, dropbox, etc). You can zip your files up using a free zip program. A good program for Mac is iZip (http://www.izip.com/). For windows, you can use 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/). Both of these programs are easy to use and are FREE.
    4. Upload your recipe card preview (600 px wide) to this thread and include a link for the download below your preview

Here's an example of one of my favorite recipes using my Homespun Collection recipe cards:

You can download it HERE

If you have any questions just holler!!

You have until July 31st to complete your cards!

Can't wait to see some amazing recipes!
    Last edited by Andrea; 07-22-2013 at 06:17 PM.

2. I will try this...I love recipes! But I've never zipped it up or shared a zip file so we'll see how it goes. I guess I'm off the create!

3. Are you using Windows or Mac?

4. Sorry, I just saw this. I use windows. I've done it before but it's been a long time and I've gotten older and forgotten. LOL

5. https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5dxieyxqd...%20Recipes.zip

this is the link to my recipe...I hope

It's still not letting me upload the pic of my recipe card. Is there something wrong with the uploading on the site?

6. Great new about the zip! Upload your recipe card to photobucket of a photohosting site. Once it's uploaded you click on the photo and get the direct link...click on the little landscape yellow box and paste. if it's easier send me the 600 px width version in jpg and I'll do it. createdbyjillscraps@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by flee57 View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5dxieyxqd...%20Recipes.zip

this is the link to my recipe...I hope

It's still not letting me upload the pic of my recipe card. Is there something wrong with the uploading on the site?
    Did you do a Saved for Web version of your card for sharing to the site?
    You cannot upload the full size card, you need to change from 300 to 72 dpi for web viewing.

The version in your dropbox is the full size, which is what Jill needs for the challenge, but you cannot use that to upload to the gallery.

Hope that helps!

8. All recipe card previews need to be resized down to 600 px wide...just like in the gallery. Your links are so everyone can snag your recipes!

9. I do have it at 72 dpi so I should be able to upload but the attachment link wouldn't even open to the browser so I could choose a file. I will try again.

As far as what I did for the challenge, is everything ok with that?

Ok, it opened my browser so it will work now.

Thanks for your help
    Attached Images Attached Images  

10. adorable!! Everything is fine!