shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: July PROGRESSIVE Scrap Challenge

Here is my prompt #2:

I don't think I am going to get to another page, even though I wanted to at least today..

Thank you for your reply. It certainly does make you think outside the box and that is what's so challenging about it. But it's fun! I want to play by the rules. :-) So, here is my Prompt 2!
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...p?photo=120557

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Currie View Post
    As Lone - who did the Progressive Scrap challenge for a while said - "a card laid, is a card played". Once your Prompt is done and uploaded to the gallery, consider that portion of the scrap done. Don't worry about it this time, but that's kind of the purpose of a Progressive Scrap. (See point #3 in initial instructions.)

I know I've "painted" myself into a corner sometimes, but it makes you think outside the box if you had something in mind when you first start!

Just a thought - it's possible to make it APPEAR to be stuck between two previous sections by cutting off the part that would have been under the element. So in essence the original LO would stay the same; the new LO would be added elements without disturbing the integrity of the first. Would that be considered to be "playing by the rules?" And, YES, I've painted myself into a corner but somehow managed to make it work...most of the time. LOL

Thank you for your advice! It probably would work, but I'm using My Memories Suite V4 and I don't know if you can cut with it. I'm working on getting Photoshop. So at the moment, I'll leave it now that I've fixed it to "play by the rules" and when I have Photoshop I might use that option for later progressive challenges. Again, thank you!

You're welcome! I love your page so far...such a cutie too! Unless you're heart is set on Photoshop, an alternative is Corel PaintShop Pro. I've used it for years and love it. It's a LOT cheaper than Photoshop! I know a lot of designers use Photoshop and most of the tutorials are for that, but there are tutorials for PSP also. Just another option...I honestly don't have any stock in the company! LOL

Here's my step 2:

Proudly creating for Godigitalscrapbooking, Digidesignresort, Nydia's Scraps,
    JanetB Designs, Studio4 Designworks, StarSongStudio, Les idées de Christine

Bestpebble - a lot of people also use Photoshop Elements. It's a lot cheaper and less of a learning curve than Photoshop. Adobe usually has a 30-day trial where you can download and try it out. That might be an option for you.

Loving Round 2 so far. And don't forget, you can always cover things up with future ellies that you receive, if you're not liking a particular part of your page!

I still have PSE4 and it works great.. I got the free trial to start off with and just never saw a need to upgrade...maybe someday I will change my mind but, it works good for me for the time being.

9. July 1 Challenge

I've only uploaded a few pages...a LOOONNNG time ago. Decided to try this challenge, which was SOOO much fun. THANK YOU!!! Got me going!!! I uploaded, propmpt said it was successful, but I don't see my page
    Advice? Suggestions??? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

When uploading.....do NOT enter anything in the description field on the first page. Wait until the 2nd page to put in any descriptions.

You may find when you go to upload again that your layout is "in queue".

If so, click on that and then finish uploading.

Make sure you are uploading a Saved for Web size layout 600 x 600!

If you continue to have problems, you can always upload from a file sharing website directly to this thread, and then we can help you get your layout into the gallery.

Let us know if you need more help!

Cathy