shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Avatar photo help

Hybrid View

not sure if this is where I put this.. I am sure it is a user error. I can't seem to upload a photo for my avatar. I have made sure that it is the correct size and tried a couple of different ones. Any ideas on what I could try?

Are you getting any error messages?
    Are you uploading from your computer or a file sharing site like photobucket?
    When you saved it, did you save the Image for web at 72 and not 300?

Just some things for you to check.

Normally when I can't upload an avatar it is because even though I thought my sizing my correct, I had forgot the saved for web at 72!
    Last edited by britnkaysmemaw2; 06-08-2013 at 07:42 AM.

3. Any issues I have ever had is only with sizing. It needs to be not only the right size in physical dimensions but also in kb.
    The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
    If it is under both those sizes we will have to let admin know so they can check.

yes I checked the sizes and they are right. It is straight from my computer. Does it have to be from a photobucket site?

This is the message I get:
    Upload of file failed.

I am having the same problem, right pixels etc, but will not accept, says it is an invalid file.