shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Sending PSD files by e-mail

Sending PSD files by e-mail

I've been trying to send the collaborative layout that I finished to Kathy (because the pictures are of her daughter) in full resolution format so that she could print it if she wanted. However, every time I TRY to attach it to an e-mail in my Yahoo account, it cycles through the whole "attach a file" process and then sticks. The bar at the bottom is completely green, but it never completes the process and sends me back to my e-mail. Anyone have any ideas? Do I need to merge all the layers first or save it in some other format?

Help!
    Paige

I am guessing that it may be too large for your email to send - most email providers have a max size to be able to attach. I suggest that you zip it and then use somewhere like www.yousendit.com or www.4shared.com to get it to her.

Hope that helps - yell again if not :)

Hi paige.. you could also save it as a jpeg in full resolution size and if she's got a hello account you could throw her the file there or email it and it should be ok size wise :)