shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Norman Rockwell

Hybrid View

1. Norman Rockwell

I have an older photo that reminds me of a Norman Rockwell look. Have never found a kit with a Rockwell flavor. It would be fun.

2. Quote Originally Posted by 33bells View Post
    I have an older photo that reminds me of a Norman Rockwell look. Have never found a kit with a Rockwell flavor. It would be fun.
    That would be very cool I might have to play a bit. Let's see what the other designers have as well. I would think a retro graphic style - any particular colors you would like to see ?

3. I have a NR calendar at home and unfortunately am traveling. Memory isn't what it used to be. I remember the style more than the colors and wouldn't be able to put that into words. Maybe someone much more clever than me!

4. Found my NR calendar. I was surprised that, in this at least, he used a lot of neutrals since I think of his work as colorful. He uses neutrals, often with splashes of primary colors in these 12 pages. The elements are old fashioned, like an old tea kettle, old outdoor pump, an old fashioned stove. The people are charactatures (sp?), often there are animals, especially dogs and cats acting out a behavior or at least in movement.

5. Thanks that gives us a clearer idea of what you had in mind.