shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi There!

Hi There!

I've lived in Montana, USA my whole life...well excluding 2 years in AZ when I was a kid. LOL. It took me a while to get a hang of getting on this Forum, so I know I'll need more help here, as time goes by.

Been digi scrapbooking for quite a few years, this year learning how to extract animals who visit our land. In fact yesterday I made a birthday card for my B-I-L, my hubby took a photo of 2 Mulie Bucks, playing by bumping their heads against each other. I must say it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. I use PSE9 and Corel Draw for both cards and digi scrapping.

Welcome to GDS. Look forward to seeing your layouts in the Gallery.
    If you have any questions, just ask! We have a great community here and we will be happy to answer!!!!

Welcome to GDS!
    It's a great site!!
    cath

Welcome to GDS, I look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery. Checkout our challenges as they are some great inspiration.

A BIG SKY welcome from GDS!

welcome... hope to see you around the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Currie View Post
    A BIG SKY welcome from GDS!
    Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome.
    1. I didn't know what to fill in for the "tags", suggestions?
    2. As for my layouts, gosh I have so many to choose from, but also I forgot to say that my layouts are letter size (LS) not 12x12. I print out all my SB pages.
    3. I'm homebound, so this is easier for me, and buying ink for my computer is a whole lot cheaper, then spending $ on getting the pages printed. Also we live in the country, so it's about 25 miles to the city.

I'm responding to everyone, but chose Darlene Currie for 2 reasons, she knows Montana is the Big Sky state, plus her last name is same as my mother's side of the family. So this tells you, I'm also into genealogy. And yes I did both parents genealogy, and paper scrapped (before I knew about digi scrapping) 3 12x12" albums! Besides writing a 482 genealogy book for my parents 50th wedding anniversary which included stories of my parents, recipes...the whole works, which took me 3 years to finish...good thing I started early! haha

Also, I "was" a published writer & poet, non-fiction, I wrote stories about my ancestors and the poems came from my heart, these I have also digi scrapped for my children and their families.

I used to sell online, through my website, my own self-drawn line of rubberstamps, and papers, this was after I sold for various rubberstamp companies, etc.

Not bragging, but feel good with all I have accomplished in my life, with God's help (and my hubby of course).

Again, thanks for the welcome, and when I have trouble logging in here to this forum, I know I can get help. Now, who wants to tell me how to find which forums I'd be interested in? How would I go about showing some of my layouts in the gallery? I need step-by-step typed instructions please.

One more question...is there a way - geez, getting close to age 70 and lost what I was going to ask...rolling down the back side of the top of the hill, is FASTER then the climb up, at least for my memory! No wonder I quit selling! LOL

Blessings to all of you!
    Realistic Scrapper

Quote Originally Posted by crazyt View Post
    welcome... hope to see you around the forums!
    Which forums would you suggest I start with? And thanks for the welcome!

Geez, I already got confused with tags. But have a question about posting layouts to the gallery. I read the tou, but it didn't say anything about the restrictions on the layouts i.e. elements, papers, etc has to be from GDS? Also what is the smallest to largest size of layout can one upload? Are there instructions somewhere where I can go to find answers to these questions plus others that I know will come up in my head later?

Thank you! Blessings to all!

You should feel proud. Those are great accomplishments!

We have some Video Tutorials that could help you with the upload process for the gallery. There are other great tutorials as well.

You can find them here:
    http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...page=tutorials

For sizing....12 x 12 should be saved for web viewing at 600 x 600 no more than 150 kb. Since you do 8.5 x 11 you would need to adjust that.

We do not allow Outside linking to other sites.
    You can give credit just by saying who the designer is of the product you used, but please do not link to their site if it is not a GDS product.

As far as the forums, we have a great section for newbie scrappers:
    http://godigitalscrapbooking.com/for...splay.php?f=25

Hope this helps! Ask away if you have any more questions!