shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: January Progressive Challenge

January Progressive Challenge

A progressive scrap is a *slow* speed scrap!!! I love speed scraps and I'm equally fond of progressive scraps because there's no way to anticipate the next step so it's always interesting to see what kind of a fix we can get ourselves into and out of! Heaps of fun!! So here are the general rules to our *slow* speed... er I mean *Progressive Scrap*.

1. On the first day of the month I'll post Step 1. Then, I'll post the first of next weekly steps to the Progressive Scrap in a weeks' time, and so on until we've completed the layout

2. Add only the items listed in the step for that week, although you may add/alter shadows at any time.

3. As in card playing, *once it's laid, it's played*. If you posted your layout, you may not go back and change it. You may only build on the previous week's layout following the new step for the week and this makes things VERY interesting indeed!

4. The original and subsequent steps will be posted in this forum thread, as well as here in the first post.

5. Post your weekly layouts no later than midnight of the day before the next step is due - I'll post this date in the steps.

6. Post your layouts in the *Progressive Challenge* gallery.

7. Link your layout back to this forum thread so we can have a look at your artwork and leave some love!

8. Use of at least 50% GDS Designer products is encouraged and very much appreciated!

9. Please list all the GDS products you've used.

10. There will be a posting bonus for everyone that: a) posts a layout in the gallery for each step AND ALSO b) linking their layout back to this forum. (so you have to do both). I'll post the bonus in this thread when it's available.

11. YES this challenge counts towards the Scrap 7 Challenge!

To link your images back to the gallery .. have a look here

Also... here's on on how to assign keywords to your layouts to give the credit back to the GDS designer

Step One:
    1. Can't belive we're in a New Year!!! Happy 2013 Everyone!! .. Ok.. so easy step one.. Pick a medium to dark colour backgroud paper.. solid with texture.. but no pattern. That's it. Pick your own theme.

Post your layout by Wednesday, January 9, 2013 The next step will be posted Thursday, January 10 2013

Step Two:
    2. Ok.. Get our your guides and place one dead center running vertially. That is your Midline. Now you have to find a rectangle or square relatively thin frame and place it in the middle of one side of your layout, between the midline and one side. Now make 3 copies so that you have 4 altogether. Select the bottom two frames and pull them slightly towards the midline or center of your layout. Now rotate the bottom one just slightly towards the midline and then the one on top of it slight towards it. Now rotate the 2nd frame to the outside edge, and the top one rotates the same way as the 2nd one but not as far. That's it! Any questions.. please ask!

Post your layout by Tuesday, January 15, 2013 The next step will be posted Wednesday, January 16 2013

Step Three:
    3. Now you need to find a photo, one that you can slip between the 2nd and 3rd frame. You can make it an *out of bounds* photo or just make the focal point fit in the middle of the frames. Try a few different techniques to find something you like.

Post your layout by Monday, January 21, 2013 The next step will be posted Tuesday, January 22 2013

Step Four:
    4. Now you get to add *stuff* lol. Choose some elements and either create a cluster or place the elements here and there in, around, under your 4 frames. Choose a few (or 1) long elements ie a ribbons, or paper strips and have them go across the page and under the top edge of frames. Place a scatter or small cluster in the opposite bottom corner from your frame.

Post your layout by Sunday, January 27, 2013 The next step will be posted Monday, January 28 2013

Step Five:
    5. Time for the finishing touches. Add a title from a font you've not used before and apply a style to it, ie glitter, or glossy or something you like. Find a tag to hang off your frames and add the date of your photo to it. Add shadows if you like. Your Finished!

Post your layout by Thursday, January 31, 2013
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 01-28-2013 at 07:16 AM.

You scare me when you start off easy, LOL.

I'll be back with my layout!

3. Yes, count me in again this month, i've missed it!

I am using the kit Brrrrrrrrr by Created by Jill

Proud to be CTM for Created by Jill and ViolaMoni

4. My first time!
    First Week

[SIGPIC]Visit me at Nanscraps

awesome! :) welcome aboard! :) Don't let Cathy scare you either... I'm harmless hahaha

I trust you Lone!

Here is my first step:
    creative greetings,

Smile January Progressive Step 1

Quote Originally Posted by Els AW View Post
    I trust you Lone!
    lol

LOL.....we will see how "Harmless" you are as the month progresses Lone!

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    LOL.....we will see how "Harmless" you are as the month progresses Lone!
    Don't worry folks!! .. She's been sick.. and on MEDS.. but apparently feeling better......