GDS Collab Kit Quick Page Exchange ~ Dec. 2012
Hi Everyone! Welcome to the quick page exchange for December! For this month, we will be working with the December Collab kit "Christmas Past":
TO GET THE KIT, JUST SPEND $10 IN THE STORE and a coupon will be sent to you for the kit.
Here are the details for the Dec. challenge....
*** Signups are requested so we can keep track of how many pages we will end up with. ***
What the quick page exchange is all about:
Each participant will submit at least 1, 12x12 page but not more than 3 using the current collab kit only. All participants will receive download links after the end of the exchange to download all of the quick pages that have been submitted by all participants. You could easily put in 1-3 pages and get back 20+ pages!
How to create your pages:
* Pages should be created and saved at 12”x12” and 300ppi in PNG format. Your photo areas should be transparent when you are done. PNG format will retain the transparency. If you need help with this, you can use my Quick Page Photo cutting styles available HERE.
These styles are non destructive and instantly make a photo into a transparent area.
* If you are having trouble getting the transparent areas of the photo to work or look right, please ask for help. We have many community members here who are more than willing to help you!
*A word about shadows...please use them! If you are looking for some great shadow styles to use in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements, I recommend Jill's "Shadow It" styles available HERE, HERE, and HERE. You can also google "digitalscrapbooking shadow tutorial".
How to make previews for the gallery and where to put them:
*Please make a 600x600 preview for each of your quick pages and put the word "Preview" over the top of them so no one can steal them out of the gallery!
* Post your previews of your quick pages in the Quick Page Exchange gallery for everyone to see! This is not the same place as the general quick page exchange gallery.
*Take a look in the gallery if you have questions about this format.
How to name and upload your files:
*Please name your quick pages in the format "username_monthyear_gdsqpex_qp01", "username_month_gdsqpex_qp02", and "username_month_gdsqpex_qp03". For example, my third quick page for the December 2012 exchange would be called "goldscraps_dec12_gdsqpex_qp03.png". This will help me to keep all of the files organized and know who has participated so I can send you links to download.
* Upload your PNG pages to my drop box here: http://www.dropitto.me/andreagold The password is "ilovescrapbooking" with no quotation marks. This will send your page right to my computer! Please upload ONLY the PNG file with transparent photo places. Upload your quick pages one at a time, making sure to use the file naming procedure above. Please do not zip the files or upload zip files!
*Please only upload the actual PNG quick pages you created. Do not upload your previews. Put the previews in the gallery only.
*Submit your page or pages by the deadline which will always be the last day of the month at midnight. Anyone who doesn't submit by this date will not get download links for the entire album. We will not be waiting for those who have not uploaded yet. I think that will help us to get the final page links out fast for everyone to download. :)
* Once the exchange is over, I will zip up the submitted pages and send download links to all participants through a private message here at GDS. The deadline for submission is always the last day of the month at midnight Eastern US time! Please have your images posted and uploaded by then so I can get them out to everyone.
*I will plan on distributing the download links within a few days of the challenge ending.
*Remember, the deadline for submission this month is December 31, 2012 at MIDNIGHT EASTERN.
* Please post here that you uploaded so I can make sure it came through OK and that I got it.
*I'll keep a list below of who is participating and have uploaded their pages.
Last edited by Andrea; 01-10-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Time And Love For Christmas
Here is my first one
I'll do the page exchange too!
I forgot to post my pages! Here they are:
Beautiful! I usually check the downloads once a week or so. I will post when I have downloaded it and checked it. :)
Originally Posted by bingomama1966
Wow Andrea your quick pages are so pretty!
Here is one of mine:
Here's my first one, the .png file is loading now.