shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Glitter?

1. Using Glitter?

I don't know if this is the right forum, but if there is a tutorial could someone link me to it? Or give a lesson here. I have "boxes of glitter" in kits, that seem to be styles, but have no idea how to use them.
    Thanks for any help!

You need to install the styles in your program software first. What do you use? If you use Photoshop they are easy to install, PSE it is a little more complicated.

3. I use PS 5. Have for years, but haven't gotten into styles. So many things in PS I still haven't delved into.

You need to install the style into the style preset folder. On a Mac you can just double click on the style and it will add it into the style palette. Then I add it into CS5 preset style folder. On a windows operating system I can't remember if it is the same.

5. Using a Windows System, Vicki. I can try the double click. I'm wondering when I get it into styles, do you make a selection and then use the style on the selection; or on the whole page? I really need to dig out one of my PS books and read about Styles!
    Thanks for replying!
    Peggy

To use them, once installed, say you had a flourish you would just have it open and selected in the layer palette, the style you want to apply...I did a screen shot for you.

7. Got it! It was easy now that I know how. Just drag the glitter style into the styles in the PS program and it shows up after a restart of PS. Click and it applies to whatever is selected. Probably the whole page if nothing is selected.

Thanks so much, Vickie!

You do have to "load" your style once you've got it in your styles preset folder. There is a "flyout" arrow on the top right of your styles palette and if you hold it another "flyout" menu comes up and you go do "load styles". There you go to your styles folder and load the extra styles that you want to use. The styles that are in your palette now are the "default" styles.

9. Mine showed up along with the default styles, but they are also in the list of styles to load. I loaded them all and saved under a "glitter" preset. Will have to be careful now that I don't get carried away and start getting addicted to styles. :)

Glad you got it worked out, Darlene explained it much better than me..lol