shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Facebook copyright?

Oh dear, I did not know this was happening. Facebook is reading the metadata and assuming it is copyrighted. I really thing that's unnecessary and unfair. When you created this layout, did you start with one of my papers as the background and build on that? You might be able to avoid this by always starting with a blank document and adding the elements and papers into the blank document. Let me know if that works. I'm really sorry this is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by goldscraps View Post
    Oh dear, I did not know this was happening. Facebook is reading the metadata and assuming it is copyrighted. I really thing that's unnecessary and unfair. When you created this layout, did you start with one of my papers as the background and build on that? You might be able to avoid this by always starting with a blank document and adding the elements and papers into the blank document. Let me know if that works. I'm really sorry this is happening.
    Thank you for your answer Andrea, and in fact I think I did start with one of your papers.
    In the layout of yesterday, I started with a blank one!

Still, if I merge all layers together and make a .jpg of it, are there still metatags to be read?
    Just wondering - as I said before: no big deal!

I was able to show my layout and put a comment to it, that I didn't know why Facebook was saying this ;-))

I did a test, and it was as you suggested, Andrea. Starting with a copyrighted paper and doing a save as under a new name retains the metadata on the original paper file--copyright information, kit name, etc., even on a flattened jpg.

I tried something else, and started with a new empty file and used the place in Photoshop command from Bridge for one of the copyrighted elements in one of Andrea's kits, then flattened and saved the file. That file did not retain any metadata from the placed file.

So it's good practice to always start with a clean new file and drag over the papers and elements. You can delete the extra blank layer from the original file at any time. That way, there's also no chance you'll accidentally overwrite the original paper file as you might if you'd started with that.

You ladies are a wealth of information! So glad you knew what was happening!

Thanks Dona and Andrea! Great info to know!

Yes, I agree!
    Thanks for the information ;-)

6. Interesting & good to know. TY

Wow, I never knew this. Thanks so much for sharing ladies!

I have always started with a blank layer so I never inadvertantly lose my background paper by saving things on top of it. Another reason is if I wish to turn my layout into a quick page, I need the blank layer underneath it. Now with copywrite issues if the paper is without a blank layer underneath, I am doublely glad that it has been my practise to always have the blank layer. The blank layer has very little byte space so I leave it in place on all my PDS files.