shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August Decorate Your Desktop

Very Nice Desktops

I just found this thread, as I am pretty new to this, and am very inspired to try it out. Do you just make the image you create the background for your desktop? I noticed the calendars on some of them as well. Do you use a kit for those or just create your own?

Thanks and sorry for the newbie questions!

2. Thanks Amanda

Proud to be CTM for Created by Jill and ViolaMoni

You asked how we do these layouts for the desktop. The answer is: the same as a regular layout, just in the pixel size of the display monitor. You can find that on a Mac by going to System Preferences--Displays and see what the resolution of your monitor is, for example 1024 x 768 pixels. Then start a new file in PS or PSE at that pixel size, and 300dpi, and add a background and whatever elements you wish to the layout. Flatten the image and save it as a jpg file, at full 300dpi resolution, and it will be ready for the desktop. Go to System Preferences--Desktop & Screen Saver, and find your file; click on it and it will display on your screen immediately.

As for the calendar, various designers have calendar templates available. Do a search in the store for "calendar" and they should come up. Andrea Gold has a full line of desktop calendar templates available for any month any year.

If you have a PC, the place you'll find the pixel dimensions and add the desktop image will be in settings. Perhaps someone else will tell you exactly where.

Here is my Gallery Link Thanks for the challenge!

Last edited by mama4bears; 08-15-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Wonderful desktops ladies!!